I own the above model laptop and the internal battery is bad, power jack is falling apart, the network adapter gave up and I have an external one now.  Is it worth fixing?  I got it on sale from Best Buy in 2015.  I'm open to all thoughts.  Thank you.  

Not worth fixing.

You'd be better off investing in a new windows 10 machine.

Miss Helen,  based on your description, that lappy is going to need it's motherboard replaced and a new battery bought.

A refurbished or "pulled" motherboard may be available on e-bay and you can definitely find a replacement battery there, but those costs are inconsequential to the labor cost needed to disassemble, replace and reset a replacement motherboard in a laptop.

If you are not going to do it yourself, then ask around at a local shop and get some prices on the procedure.

Still need to get the motherboard though.  I found one for $160.55 (refurbished)

https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-Envy-15-u110dx-Laptop-Motherboard-782306-501-I5-5200u-No-MEM/1150943370

Battery replacement is about $30.00

https://www.ebay.com/i/292579179445?chn=ps

Now, Labor to disassemble and remove the motherboard from the laptop, then reassemble and test: approximately (my best guess) $350 - $425

Chances are, as nigsy has suggested, your best bet will be to pick up another laptop.

Refurbished or new, will be less stress and could easily be less expensive.

:) Y

So you think the network adapter problem is connected a problem on the motherboard?  The power jack seems loose.  I have someone who is going to open it up in August when i see him.  He's worked with circuit boards for years in Quality control.  He's going to try to see what the problem is with the power cord constantly falling out.  Might me the cord that's the problem.  I'm guessing if you're correct about the motherboard, this is going down the drain and it will need to be replaced.  Thanks for ll your answers.  

If the network adapter issue is from the connector on the motherboard, then yes.

A new ethernet connector as well as a new power jack adapter are cheap parts $5 -$10.

They would need to be desoldered and the the new ones put into place and soldered back in.

You may be in luck having a friend that is familiar with soldering circuit boards.

I hope it all works out for you.

:) Y