tulsaasp

No white lists were black lists in PC Matic or SuperShield

I am using windows vista ultimate 64 bit and I cannot seem to get a white list or black list to show up in the Super Shield program or in the PC Matic's options menu under manage white lists under malware-startup applications or the services when I start Pitstop PC Matic the splash screen starts and says loading and disappears starts again disappears and will start again and finally start I and doing all of this in administrator account I have tried some of the fixes I've read about such as making sure that all the service are running in which I had the correct one to run automatically.  And in some log files of services running it does not show all the services that are running that I can see in my my task manager.

I have some logs that I can post I also tried to submit tickets which I got replies on but they asked me to re-download the program from a site that wasn't associated with PC Matic so I just reinstalled from the PC Matic site all copy and paste some of the logs in this post it might help.  The first log is the one I'm most concerned about.

Edited by Y kawika
Logs Removed as unrelated to issue

The White list and/or Black list on your computer will only show items that you have white listed or black listed locally yourself.

On which of your multiple Vista machines have you white listed or black listed an item that is not showing?

What is the application that you placed onto your white list or black list?

Thank you for any clarification.

:) Y

The Windows Vista machine that I'm talking about is (home123876) I have not added anything to a black list or white list.

I have three problems with this the first problem is InfoCenter stopped working here's a copy of what it says

infocenter stopped working when I bought windows vista ultimate I bought it on Ebay supposed to have been new sealed box addition of which it was but I'm wondering now it extra hack files were added to it there are too many files I don't have access to and cannot even see the permissions to change the permissions on them or to add myself to them one file is hiberfil.sys and its location is in c:\  

When I run the C promp command and change directory to it shows all files and folders that does not show the hiberfil.sys

When I run SuerShield the scan and fix program when it says cleaning mallware 100% c:\WMSysPr9.prx Done.

That just does not seem right to me.  If I'm being paranoid about this just say so but I had someone file and tried to clame my income tax and have had a hacker in my system before before thanks for listening and understanding my problem

Any help is appreciated

Thanks again Ray E. Dotson

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    infocenter.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.18
  Problem Signature 03:    52bc7977
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    49cc5b98
  Problem Signature 07:    344a
  Problem Signature 08:    15a
  Problem Signature 09:    System.UnauthorizedAccess
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

The next problem is with the SuperShield it says failed to download definitions after about 1 hour but then turns green right afterwards it also gave me installation problems below is what they said

---------------------------
Setup
Unable to execute file:C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Super Shield\pcmaticrt-wsc.exeCreateProcess failed; code 14001.The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
OK   

But as soon as I close the warning windows it seemed to work

I also have questions about this tech letter if it's legit when I went and downloaded the SuperShield from the link in the e-mail I was able to download it when I tried to install it I got warnings that file had been changed and had no signature of authenticity and would not allow me to install it right clicked OK it still installed here's a copy of the tech letter below

Thank you for contacting PC Pitstop customer service.

Please go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic and click on 'uninstall SuperShield'.

Reboot the computer.

Run the Active X control removal tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Remove-All.cmd

If you are using Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10, first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the file and select, "Run as administrator".

Once the removal tool completes,

uninstall PC Matic from the control panel add/remove programs

go to c:\program files\pcpitstop and manually delete the PC Matic folder to make sure that all parts are removed

reinstall PC Matic from this link:

http://pcmatic.com/download

right-click on the link above and select "Save target as..." then save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select, "Run as administrator" to start the installer

(We host the download on Amazon servers)

reboot the computer

run PC Matic again.

Please try installing SuperShield directly from the link below and let us know if that does not resolve the issue:

https://supershield-files.pcpitstop.com/pcmaticss3.0.3.0-setup.exe

Reboot the computer.

The Whitelist will be empty until such time as you add an application to the Whitelist.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Vince McDaid
Technical Support
PC Pitstop Inc.
Texas, USA

Edited by tulsaasp

Yes, that is a legit reply from one of our senior tech agents.

The file:  "pcmaticrt-wsc" places Super Shield into the Windows Security Center (wsc).

Please be sure that this rig is absolutely as fully updated as Microsoft will allow for the antiquated operating System and then follow through with Vince's directions.

Download and Save the Super Shield installer from the direct download link, then navigate to it, right click it and choose:  Run as Administrator.

See if this will then do the trick for you.

:) Y