Blackout7491

New PC Super Shield Version

Due to terrible internet connection, definition updates always fail, so I must do them manually. Can any mods or admins send me the URL link to download the newest version? Thanks.

Here ya go champ

Please open your web browser, then copy and paste the links below, one at a time, into the address bar, then hit the Enter key:

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.3.0/pcpsfed.dat

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.3.0/pcpsfed-inc.dat

Follow the prompts to download each file to the computer, use the navigation tools to put the file somewhere that you can find it easily.

Once you have the files downloaded, go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options (or File Explorer Options in Windows 10) and click on the View tab, then move the dot to "Show hidden files and folders" and click on Apply.

Next, navigate to C:\Program Data\PCPitstopDat and move the downloaded pcpsfed.dat and pcpsfed-inc.dat file to inside of the datRTP folder that is at that location.

After you have both files inside the datRTP folder, reboot the computer

:) Y

Sure, when Super Shield updates, the version number will show in it's entry in your listing of Programs and Features.

You can also navigate to the installation directory and hover the mouse over the file:  PCMaticRT.exe and it'll display the file version.

Or if you right click the file, choose properties and then click the Details tab, it'll show the version as well.

The default installation directories are:

64 bit OS:  C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\Super Shield

32 bit OS:  C:\Program Files\PCPitstop\Super Shield

Hope that this helps and I hope that you are able to grab some more bandwidth as well.

Computing is so much more enjoyable with a bit of internet muscle to help us along.

:) Y