Sign in to follow this  
EMan

Windows 10 blank screen issue

I'll try and describe this the best I can. I'll be sitting in Windows (mine being Windows 10 Pro) and the taskbar will completely vanish. Shortly after this happens the entire screen turns the color of what the taskbar was at the time. The keyboard still works when this happens but nothing pops up when the Windows key is pressed. The only thing that I can get to show up on the screen is Task Manager when I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL. After rebooting from this (since nothing else fixes it) I go into Event Viewer and look to see if there is any error at the time of this happening, and there never is. This happens completely without warning and occurs maybe once or twice a month. I haven't kept track of it exactly but it isn't an everyday thing. It seems to be pretty random when it happens, I'm not doing the same thing everytime it occurs so I have no idea what the cause is. I appreciate any feedback.

Sounds entirely like a Windows update issue, where it is trying to install in the background and doesn't have the courtesy to let you know that it is doing so.

Click Start> Settings> Updates and Security

See if there are updates available and if you can get them installed.

:) Y