Sign in to follow this  
becky

updates

Need help on updating my tablet it has kitkat 4.4 and it says no new updates available and when I have tried installing marshmellow etc..not working thanks 

Hello and :wp: becky, 

If the OEM hasn't provided an updated version of Android for your device, there *might* be an aftermarket rom available, but it's very possible that it'll be buggy and not work as expected. If you can provide the make and model of your device, we might be able to better help.

Tx

Everything I'm reading indicates that 3rd party support for that device was limited at best and dead now. If Huawei hasn't issued an update for it, chances are they're not going to as it's an aging device and they don't even list that model on their site anymore.

No ma'am, not that I'm seeing anywhere. Sorry about that and you're welcome.

Fwiw, Google has all but said they're discontinuing Android tablets as they've historically done poorly, especially compared to iPads. That said, their Chromebook/Chromebox devices are rather nice, have a touch interface(Chromebook) like a tablet and most of the newer ones(2016 and up) run Android apps and have full access to the Google Play store.

If I were recommending an inexpensive, tablet like device, it would be one based on ChromeOS.

Hope that helps, 

Tx