Jump to content
dutchtreat

HELP! Windows update

Recommended Posts

:pullhair: thanks to a Windows 10 update my entire PC Matic/Pitstop has been disabled and I cannot get it reactivated. I shut down everything Windows decided I needed and uninstalled Super Shield.  PC Pitstop is extremely slow in loading and not doing anything. Do I need to remove PC Matic/Pitstop and reinstall? I don't want anything to do with Windows Defender.

Someone please help me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows updates are really making a mess of things.

 

Yes, I would recommend uninstalling Super Shield and then PC Matic (in that order)

 

Also, if you have any other anti-virus programs sitting in the installed programs list, uninstall those as well.  Things may have gotten corrupted.

 

Restart the computer.

 

Please try to download PC Matic from the following direct link: http://www.pcmatic.com/download

 

Save the file where you can find it.

 

Go to the saved PC Matic setup file and Right Click it and choose: Run as Administrator

 

This will start the installation.

 

Log in with your registered e-mail address and dedicated password.

 

To reset a new random password, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/support/#/kb/login-issue

Restart the computer

 

Please try installing SuperShield directly from the link below:

 

https://supershield-files.pcpitstop.com/pcmaticss3.0.0.7-setup.exe

 

Reboot the computer once again after the Super Shield icon changes to the green color.

 

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

 

:) Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything was fine in til 5 days ago, Windows had this update:

 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)

Every time I restart PC Matic supersheild is off "till restart" I can't change it.

Meanwhile the Window update fails, multiple times, I'm in a loop.

Admin can you review Microsoft Update page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056892/windows-10-update-kb4056892

It says "Contact your Anti-Virus AV to confirm that their software is compatible and have set the following REGKEY on the machine"

Also I have a AMD chip , but my laptop is booting and I am not in a unbootable state.

Windows Defender is on, should I turn it off because I have PC Matic Evergreen installed?

I don't know what I should do?

 

 

 

 

Edited by David127

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David127 said:

Everything was fine in til 5 days ago, Windows had this update:

 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)

Every time I restart PC Matic supersheild is off "till restart" I can't change it.

Meanwhile the Window update fails, multiple times, I'm in a loop.

Admin can you review Microsoft Update page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4056892/windows-10-update-kb4056892

It says "Contact your Anti-Virus AV to confirm that their software is compatible and have set the following REGKEY on the machine"

Also I have a AMD chip , but my laptop is booting and I am not in a unbootable state.

Windows Defender is on, should I turn it off because I have PC Matic Evergreen installed?

I don't know what I should do?

 

 

 

 

Hi David and :WP:, please see this regarding PC Matic and the M$ patch requirements. As for the issues you're experiencing, please reach out to our help desk that's available 7 days a week  http://www.pcmatic.com/help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Hi David and :WP:, please see this regarding PC Matic and the M$ patch requirements. As for the issues you're experiencing, please reach out to our help desk that's available 7 days a week  http://www.pcmatic.com/help.

Thanks, I followed the Microsoft and tried the Microsoft Software Update program AND the "command line" instructions at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x80070bc2-when-installing-update-kb4056892/8854f87d-6ae1-4a9a-9e25-aa2baa90d19e?auth=1

This did not work. So I think this a Microsoft problem with this update and nothing to do with PCMatic.

My computer is brand new and it working fine, it just wants to download the (KB4056892) update over and over again.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/1/12 at 12:16 AM, dutchtreat said:

:pullhair: thanks to a Windows 10 update my entire PC Matic/Pitstop has been disabled and I cannot get it reactivated. I shut down everything Windows decided I needed and uninstalled Super Shield.  PC Pitstop is extremely slow in loading and not doing anything. Do I need to remove PC Matic/Pitstop and reinstall? I don't want anything to do with Windows Defender.

Someone please help me!

Your problem is worse than mine , My computer just can't operate after the update, because the it was locked,

And everything returns to normal after unlock.

For your problem , Have you tried reinstalling it?

Edited by Caskery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×