Sign in to follow this  
lse123

THIS IS TRUE AND FOR EXTERNAL DISKS LIKE 4TB ONLY - UEFI OR EFI - CAN READ SUCH?????

EFI read/write can of over 2TB hdd either external or internal? Legacy (not EFI) the inverse below 2TB read/write either external or internal... 

THIS IS TRUE AND FOR EXTERNAL DISKS LIKE 4TB ONLY - UEFI OR EFI - CAN READ SUCH?????

I'm sorry, the wording/phraseology of your question makes it hard to decipher what exactly you're asking.

i think you're talking about the 2TB address limitation, this is a mbr partitioning physical address limitation and not necessarily a bios or uefi issue. yes bios or legacy usually uses mbr so has a 2 TB limit where as uefi uses the newer gpt partitioning so doesn't have this 2TB address limit.
the limit may be overcome with a bios update. my pc uses bios and not uefi yet with a bios update i am able to have a single 4TB partition instead of having to create two 2TB partitions on there before the bios update.

more info about mbr vs gpt :- https://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

Edited by terry1966