Sign in to follow this  
Windsurf48

How often does the Overdrive identification number in the results address change?

How often does the id number in the Overdrive results Internet address change?  I thought it was daily, but I noticed at least one time when it was the same the next morning as the night before.  Is it 24 hours based on the first test of the day, or something else?  If I get a good score, I don't want to risk wiping it out of the changes for the next run get a lower score.

If you get a score that you wish to keep, then rename your computer and then run the scan again.

Overdrive will see them as different computers and will save your first test indefinitely.

Is that the best way to go caintry_boy?  He'd know of any other tricks Windsurf.

:) Y

Thanks.  I'll try that.  Does it change when any of the hardware changes?  It definitely changed at some point last week, possibly after I installed a new video card.  However, today's run overlaid the one from several days ago, although the difference wasn't significant.

I remember testing repeatedly a few years ago when the first quad code CPUs came out, and then the ids changed once or twice a day with the same hardware and computer name.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:18 PM, Y kawika said:

If you get a score that you wish to keep, then rename your computer and then run the scan again.

Overdrive will see them as different computers and will save your first test indefinitely.

Is that the best way to go caintry_boy?  He'd know of any other tricks Windsurf.

:) Y

Sounds like a plan to me "Y"! ;)

:geezer;