Blackout7491

PC Matic Red SuperShield

Hello! Recently, my PC Matic Supershield in my task bar is red and says I am not protected. I have no idea what caused it, I haven't done anything. I've tried several uninstalls and reinstalls but to no avail. I've been happy with PC Matic up until this point and I'd greatly appreciate any help! I don't know if this helps, but I have a Windows 10 1709, OS build is 16299.125. 

Thank you! If I left out any vital information, let me know!

Blackout

Hi Blackout,

How's your internet connection?  This sounds like the definitions either didn't get on the box completely or corrupted somehow.

Let's put them in their proper place.

To manually download and install the definition files for Super Shield and PC Matic

Please try this:

Please open your web browser, then copy and paste the links below, one at a time, into the address bar, then hit the Enter key:

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.6/pcpsfed.dat

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.6/pcpsfed-inc.dat

Follow the prompts to download each file to the computer, use the navigation tools to put the file somewhere that you can find it easily.

Once you have the files downloaded, go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options (or File Explorer Options in Windows 10) and click on the View tab, then move the dot to "Show hidden files and folders" and click on Apply.

Next, navigate to C:\Program Data\PCPitstopDat and move the downloaded pcpsfed.dat and pcpsfed-inc.dat file to inside of the datRTP folder that is at that location.

After you have both files inside the datRTP folder, reboot the computer.

:) Y

Hello!

My internet connection is, well, to put it bluntly, garbage. I get an average of maybe 80KB/s download and even worse upload. It is an old internet plan that was high-speed a few years back. I remember now last time PC Matic Super Shield updated, the definition downloads kept failing until I got lucky. 

I did all you asked me too and it worked! Thank you!

Is there a way to access those links so I can download them manually (which is much easier) in the future?

God bless,

Blackout

Save the links and change the version number when needed.

This version being 3.0.0.6 will change next time to 3.0.0.7 so it'll be:

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.7/pcpsfed.dat

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.7/pcpsfed-inc.dat

Unless something out of the ordinary occurs, these will work.

Glad that you got it working again.

:) Y

Hi - I was also getting the Red SuperShield error.  I followed the instructions above, and it solved the SuperShield problem, but now when I restart I get the following error message:

sttray64.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x000000010000D7CA referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000.  The memory could not be read.  Click on OK to terminate the program.

Any ideas for resolving this?

Thanks,

Jim