Sign in to follow this  
Bushy Tail

SuperShield Install Fail

Need some advice. Installed PC Matic and SuperShield on a desktop running Win10 and all went well. Couldn't be happier. Installed same on a Lenovo laptop running Win7-64 and things went wrong early. The first issue is that the installer did not remove Norton Antivirus the way it had done on my desktop. I manually uninstalled NAV. I was able to run a PC Matic scan, but there was no SuperShield icon in the system tray despite the fact that PC Matic said SuperShield was installed.  I uninstalled PC Matic and SuperShield, rebooted, and re-installed PC Matic and SuperShield.  The green shield then appeared in the system tray and I thought I was out of the woods, but after a few minutes the shield turned red and the Action Center informed me I had no antivirus protection. It told me to turn on SuperShield, so I tried. And I tried, and I tried. Could not turn it on. Rebooted and it stayed turned off.

Sounds like Nav may have created some corruption here.

1)  Uninstall Super Shield

2)  Please use the following removal tool to insure that all of NAV is gone:

Norton Removal Tool: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

3)  Reinstall Super Shield from the following direct link:   Super Shield: http://supershield-files.pcpitstop.com/pcmaticss3.0.0.5-setup.exe

4)  Once the Super Shield icon turns green in the task bar, give the computer a final rebooting.

:) Y