Sign in to follow this  
milty60

Gateway SX2110G - disable on board video

Gatway PC model SX2110G 1.47 ghz AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon Graphics s/n is DBGE511001321011799100. I purchased a PCI-E x 16 video card - EE061AA HP Quadro NVS 285 Graphics Card - has a heat sink - no fan. I downloaded the latest BIOS for the PC - checked and no setting exists to disable the on-board graphics - the option is grayed out - shows Enabled. I disabled and eventually uninstalled the current video drivers in Device Manager (FYI - PC came with Windows 8 installed - I upgraded to Windows 10). After seating the video card in the PCI slot and boot up I get two beeps and no video on the vga on-board connected monitor. I don't see any jumpers on the motherboard or any other way to disable the on-board video. 

I assumed once the new video card - I have tried two - was plugged in the on-board video would automatically be disabled - the pc would boot up and either load generic Windows 10 drivers for the new card or I could then install new drivers. As soon as I remove the new video card(s) the system boots and video is displayed on the monitor. Any advice? I can't imagine running Windows 10 is an issue. 

Thanks, 

Milty 

Yes, there should be  - been in IT 30 years - never saw a BIOS without the enable/disable or select slot/video option. 

...Milty 

After seating the video card in the PCI slot and boot up I get two beeps and no video on the vga on-board connected monitor.

silly question maybe but after connecting the video card do you move the cable from the onboard video output to the cards video output?

usually in my experience the video card is automatically used as first output device now and doesn't need a bios setting to be set first before it works.

:b33r: