tntroy61

Question about System Images I've created?

I actually had to go back and check if the wording I was using, was correct. To describe the question I am asking. I have reset my computer back to factory settings twice since 2015. Both times, I created a system image as they call it, on my external HD. I realized how large they are combined, when I cleaned 90% of the content I had on the HD off of it. So my question is. Since I no longer have the system I created for the 2015 reset I did ( and made that system image of ) Because I just recently reset it again this year, & have that system image. Can I safely delete the image I created in 2015 from the external? The file I speak of looks like a little hard drive, with a CD/DVD disc on top of it. I took a screen capture of it, to make sure I am talking about the right thing. ice_screenshot_20171102-013917.png.97dc44fa24c0236bd52768167fb98118.png

As long as you have a recent full backup image that you can restore from you can safely delete old images. Worst case scenario is you loose the lot and have to download a fresh install of Windows from Digital River (as long as you have the license key!)

:tup:

11 hours ago, nigsy said:

As long as you have a recent full backup image that you can restore from you can safely delete old images. Worst case scenario is you loose the lot and have to download a fresh install of Windows from Digital River (as long as you have the license key!)

:tup:

Thank You & Yes, the strange part is, neither of them showed they have any file size (MBs or GBs ) when I checked them.  Yet when I first attempted but stopped deleting the 2015 one? It was running as if it was a large file. And when I attempted to put the image into a folder to move it? It was running much longer then I expected it would, so I stopped trying to move it. I may just clean off the HD and make a new one all together.

Yep. I would back the 2015 up somewhere else if possible. Delete everything and just create a new image.