Been having major problems with my hp envy x360 with keeping  internet connection.  MS had senior technician reinstall windows, brand  new copy they downloaded.  Still missing drivers for the network adapter. They tell me to call the manufacturer and I tried HP they send you to website no drivers for windows 10.  Do I need to know who manufactured the network adapter?  How would I find out?  Aprreciate any help.  Thank you.

Can you post the exact model? I can find loads of W10 drivers for Envy x360 :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-m6-aq100-x360-convertible-pc/12499188/model/13475171

It might not be for your specific model but it should work. Like I say if you post the model number it would be easier to find the drivers.

I got them downloaded from another computer to flash drive and installed on problem computer but still not showing up in device manager.  What can I do to get them to work?  I do appreciare you help.

OK, I've tried everything you guys have so graciously suggested, used links etd.  Called Intel to try to see if they could help since network adapter is an Intel product.  They downloaded all the drivers.  First it didn't seem to show up in Device manager and then yesterday it di until it stopped working.  Do you think that it's a hardware problem?  

1 hour ago, Miss Helen said:

Do you think that it's a hardware problem?  

It could be.

I know this is going back to the start...but have you tried uninstalling the network driver; then rebooting the laptop to see if windows will find it's default driver?

Intel tried all sorts of things  MS reinstalled windows 10 clean install  It works and then it quits.  Error message is saying that device isn't enabled and that windows does that when device isn't working properly.  Someone I know that worked for years with electronic boards said it's rpobably a loose connection.  I think down the road I'm just going to buy a usb one.  I'm getting bad vibes from this computer.  Like HP stopped making it.  I love it except fo this.  

I was using an ethernet cable and it was annoying so out of shear frustration I found on another  site to delete the network adapter, which under other conditions, I wold have  been terrified  to do.  However, I was already unable to use it.  I was planning on buying a usb network adapter, so I did what they suggested.  I deleted the network adapter and rebooted and the system found it missing and reinstalled the adapter and the driver and it has worked flawlessly since.  Neither Intell or MS thought of this fix.  Sorry for the delay in  getting back but thought it best to make sure it was really working