lse123

Overclocking Processor/Motherboard requires special processor cooler?

Overclocking Processor/Motherboard requires special processor cooler/heat-sink? If yes, this is as easy install as in the case non-Overclocking it...?

That depends on what you have for a heatsink/fan combo to start with. ;)

You may want to go with something like this > https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=Cooler_Master_Evo_212-_-35-103-099-_-Product

Or you may want to go with water cooling like this > https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181103

Or you may just want to order your own waterblock from Swiftech or EK and pair it with a Laing pump, reservoir and good radiator, buy some hose and fittings and create your own.

I create my own.

:geezer:

as first build

a processor as 7600K or 7700K i5 or i7 

having normal head-sink cooler

has any impact in operation...? normal meaning like those coming with some intel processors non-K ones...?

These questions were already answered in your recent thread, but as C_B says if you want to overclock you will need to upgrade the cooling as the stock coolers aren't designed for it.

Fitting a different cooler is easy; even if it's water cooled. Three things to look out for though:

• Some (read: Most) require a back plate to be fitted on the underside of the MoB before the fan can be mounted - Don't screw the motherboard down and then realize you haven't done this!!
  • Aftermarket cooling solutions are often taller than stock; make sure your case has the required dimensions to fit the fan once mounted.
  • Some are wider than standard coolers and often block the first memory slot - especially if you have tall RAM cards with there own cooling blades.

In your previous thread I also added a useful link to help you understand OCing; if you haven't read it please do!!

N.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3jCsD8   is this ok????

as first build

a processor such as 7600K or 7700K i7 with Z MotherBoard But WITHOUT to overclock it, in this case can have a normal cooler/heat-sink, easy to install without need to pick a special cooler??? As such I have first to read MB instructions after processor 7700K and normal cooler instructions AND AFTER INSTALL?

I think that is a good first build. Should be pretty straight forward.

Make sure you read the motherboard manual so you know how the front panel connectors work and have the required drivers - Normally supplied on disc.

The only thing I would look at is the need for a 960gb SSD - Not sure why you need one that size? You really only want to keep the OS and other programs on there so 500gb would be plenty. Use the savings to get a more powerful PSU ( and I would look at a Corsair for that as well).

960GB SSD because

I already have it,... and inserted it in an ext case and use to run externally Virtual machines.... so I will copy to HDD and use this SSD in my build...needed format or windows will delete/format it to NTFS automatically when install Windows 10 Pro (with Fall creators update) full version...??? I plan buy components for this build after 17 Oct when Win 10 Pro Fall update come out...

6 minutes ago, lse123 said:

960GB SSD because

I already have it,... and inserted it in an ext case and use to run externally Virtual machines.... so I will copy to HDD and use this SSD in my build...needed format or windows will delete/format it to NTFS automatically when install Windows 10 Pro (with Fall creators update) full version...??? I plan buy components for this build after 17 Oct when Win 10 Pro Fall update come out...

When you do the install windows installer will take you through the reformatting of the SSD - I would delete all the partitions (through the installer) and let windows use the full 960gb. It will then reformat the drive for you.

Good luck - And if you need anything just ask!! :tup:

Are you aware that the Fall Creator Update will not include earlier Creator Update or Anniversary Update as I have that on good "Insider authority"? In that case you might as well proceed now as you will have to start with Creator Update Media Creator.

BTW is Corsair Psu newish because not the greatest Psu, used to be when Seasonic made them but they have gone off on the path of low end makers for those. You do know Corsair makes absolutely nothing themselves right?