Sign in to follow this  
sanguillen

Revert back from Windows 10 to Windows 8?

After all the wonderful help I received regarding my HDD issues, I thought I might be able to get some help in tackling a different problem.

A couple of years ago, my wife purchased an Acer laptop with Windows 8 installed.  After getting tired of all the Windows 10 popup bubbles that kept showing up, we finally relented and upgraded.  Since then, there have been a myriad of problems, from USB ports suddenly not working to printer drivers not working, to whatever.  They resolve by either rebooting or just putting the laptop to sleep and then waking it up, but the nuisance of that is starting to grate us.  I did a bit of research awhile back and found out that Windows 10 should only be installed on systems that, for lack of a better term, can "handle" it.  There was, of course, NO warning whatsoever of this little nugget in the messages, or elsewhere).  I then checked Acer's site and sure enough, this laptop was manufactured too early to be properly equipped to handle Windows 10.

Obviously if I could go back and do it all over again, I would leave the laptop alone with Windows 8.  My question is, do I have any options going forward?  As I'd implied above it's been a couple of years now, so whatever option the Windows 10 upgrade came with to revert back (I think it was 30 or 60 days or something) has long since expired.

Edited by sanguillen

Signman   

About the only option you may have at this point would be to restore your laptop by a recovery partition on the laptop or restore CDs if they were included with your Acer when you purchased it.  Give us the Model number of your Acer and we might be able to tell if it has a recovery partition or not.