I've noticed comments about the forum being slow for people.

Another forum that I moderate had an issue with early morning traffic causing significant slowdowns. The owner implemented CDN and the problem was taken care of. Perhaps CDN is an option for this forum server?

EDIT: Just now, posting this Topic, it took about 20 seconds for the server to bring me back to my new Topic. That seems a bit slow to me.

Edited by oftentired
additional comment

oftentired, please be aware that while working his regular job (chasing girls) that Y kawika is working on speeding up things. ;) For what it's worth I'm having the same problems as everyone else.

:geezer:

O.K. boys and girls, as Y kawika and the rest of us try and figure out the intricacies of this new upgrade, Tomk_ you asked about how to Report a post/member. I have it on good authority that you need to do this > "if a Member moves their mouse up to the upper right corner of a post, then the Report Post button is revealed"

Give it a whirl if needed.

I will say this, the forums seem to be faster now than they did a couple of days ago. ;) Yes, I still have trouble with the Emoticons/Smilies too, BUT I have figured out that when posting if you click the little Emoticon/Smiley face in the header, you get a pop-up window, in the top right click "Categories" and you get a sub-menu; select Emoticons (167 or whatever the number is) and you get ALL the Emoticons/Smilies that you want or need.

Please bear with us as we all work to figure this out and make the forum a better place. ;)

Tomk_   

This is what I see:

image.png.ad69bfe1eaab920a4052bd077eac230b.png

If I hover over that little network symbol, it darkens and says "Share this Post".  If I click on it, I get a choice to share a link on twitter, google+, facebook, ... all the social medias that I don't use.

10 minutes ago, Tomk_ said:

This is what I see:

image.png.ad69bfe1eaab920a4052bd077eac230b.png

If I hover over that little network symbol, it darkens and says "Share this Post".  If I click on it, I get a choice to share a link on twitter, google+, facebook, ... all the social medias that I don't use.

Yeah, I don't get it either... :rollingpin:

I'm able to see it. Lucky me, not so lucky you if your BAD! :rofl3:

Laughing at my own jokes, not so sure that is a good thing :woot:

Oh, by the way, should I be reporting the off topic posts? WEG

screenshot6.jpg

Edited by oftentired

Y kawika   

Since Tomk_ is a part of the "Trusted Malware Techs" group, that group has some limited Moderator abilities and is considered "Staff" to the forum.  The forums don't believe that Staff needs to report posts to themselves.

I will make the adjustments once we get the final updates put into place.

:) Y

Tomk_   

And I do.

I'd like to try it out on oftentired... but I can't come up with a reason.  I'm watching him like a hawk though.  If he slips up... I'll be all over him like sausage gravy on biscuits.

1 hour ago, Tomk_ said:

And I do.

I'd like to try it out on oftentired... but I can't come up with a reason.  I'm watching him like a hawk though.  If he slips up... I'll be all over him like sausage gravy on biscuits.

:clap:

2 hours ago, Tomk_ said:

And I do.

:rofl3: