Super Shield is not disabled, that's the pop up blocker that MSN is disabling when you visit their page.

We are aware of the issue and are working to stop their nonsense.

:) Y

On my computer, since the latest update (3.0.0.6), the hidden icon always shows Supershield as off.  When I open PCMatic to start it, that window shows it as running.  Is it running or not and is this the same issue you talked about above?

Hi DVB,  :wp:  

No this sounds a bit different and I suspect it's that the definitions didn't get fully downloaded and put in place.

Please try the following:

Please download and Save the Super Shield installation file from the direct link below:

http://supershield-files.pcpitstop.com/pcmaticss3.0.0.6-setup.exe  (do not install it yet)

Please uninstall just the PC Matic Super Shield application from your installed programs list.

Do not uninstall PC Matic.

Restart the computer

Go to the saved Super Shield installation file and Right Click it and choose:  Run as Administrator

Allow Super Shield to install.

Watch the Super Shield icon in the taskbar as it will be green and then change colors to red and gold.

This indicates that it is downloading it's definitions.

When the definition download completes, the shield will return to a green color.

Please give the computer a final restart.

:) Y

Thanks for the reply.  I tried all of that twice and no change to the issue.  When I check status on the hidden icon it shows as off until reboot, but if I start PCMatic it shows as protected?

Let's go after the definitions then and insure that they are in place and fully downloaded.

Please open your web browser, then copy and paste the links below, one at a time, into the address bar, then hit the Enter key:

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.6/pcpsfed.dat

defs.pcpitstop.com/3.0.0.6/pcpsfed-inc.dat

Follow the prompts to download each file to the computer, use the navigation tools to put the file somewhere that you can find it easily.

Once you have the files downloaded, go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options (or File Explorer Options in Windows 10) and click on the View tab, then move the dot to "Show hidden files and folders" and click on Apply.

Next, navigate to C:\Program Data\PCPitstopDat and move the downloaded pcpsfed.dat and pcpsfed-inc.dat file to inside of the datRTP folder that is at that location.

After you have both files inside the datRTP folder, reboot the computer and let us know if the issue is not resolved.

55 minutes ago, DVB said:

That worked!  Thanks for your help! 

You are most welcome.

Thanks for letting us know of the success.