Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clhardingjr

Folders missing from PC Pitstop during backup

Please note that the following folders are missing from the product and should be added to the next installer.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\PCPitstopSVC\Contacts. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\PCPitstopSVC\Searches. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

This only happens on the first system backup after product installation and has occurred through at least the last 2 versions and I always manually inserted blank folders so that I wouldn't get incomplete backups, but after having to do a complete re-image of my system I decided to report this, since nobody has reported it as far as I can see.

The machine the product is installed on is an Intel i7/7770K, Win 10 Pro Creators Update (version 1703 / build 15063.413).

Backup Files 2017-07-08 000000_error.log

PCPitstopSVC is an Admin account that is locked down and has nothing to backup.

It's sole purpose is to insure that the PC Pitstop Scheduling service is allowed to run under it's credentials.

That is all that it does.

Anything related to the PCPitstopSVC account can be omitted when setting up the backups so that the errors do not render.

I hope this helps.

:) Y