Sign in to follow this  
runball

pink screen

hey guys fixing a friends laptop.... its boots up... as its about to load the desktop.... screen turns pink and theres a window that opens up... slimcleaner debug console.... and in that window it says..... warning resource_bundle.cc 255 locale_file_path.empty and a few other things like that.... and then after a few seconds it says slimcleaner plus has stop responding ... it closes and leave me with a pink screen...., im able to do atl ctrl del and that pops up ... ive tried safemode and it loaded into a blackcreen with with safemode in the each corner but nothing else loads up... ive tried F8 and repair says everything is ok ... tried restore but theres no restore points.... ive done last known working... still nothing .....

any ideas?

toshiba

windows 7 build 7601 SP1

thanks in advance

Edited by runball

Slimcleaner is a piece of crap! Should never be installed on a computer. It's very misleading in what it does. When you get into safe mode, can you see the start button? If so see if you can go to control panel then to programs and features. If it's listed in the installed programs, try to uninstall the program. Might be a start.

i was able to make an avast bootable cd since theres no option to boot off USB... and i ran that it found 2 things...

win32:adware-gen

titan\xvidcodrc.xz xvidcodec.exe

it removed both and still pink backround

i dont see it... its just a black backround says safemode in the corners and thats it... nothing else

If you press the windows key on the keyboard does this bring up anything?

runball try this.. reboot computer and start tapping F8 to get the black screen where you select safe mode but select safe mode with command prompt.once there press enter then type "rstrui.exe" without the quotes and press enter. This should bring up system restore points if there are any at all. Note that there may not be any if they were not set up from within Windows to begin with. I saw where you said that there wasn't any restore points listed in the beginning of your post.

There is a way to kill the program from running ...while at the command prompt type CMD and hit enter. Type "tasklist" without the quotes and a list of everything that is running will appear. look and see if there is something called "slimcleaner" or slimeclean.exe or something to that effect. If there is you can kill it from running. Let's say it's called slimcleaner.exe" for this example.

You would type the following:

taskkill /C /im slimcleaner.exe and press enter. that should kill the program. Then reboot.

ok i tried the restore point it shoed 4 i tried them 1 at a timr and still pink.....

i tried the taskkill.. only one i see that looks like slimcleaner is ..... slimservicefactory.exe

i tried the taskkill on it and says ....invalid agrument/option /c type taskkill /? for usage

Edited by runball

when i have the task manager open and go to services i tried to end slimservice it says access is denied

Be sure to to Start/Search Programs and Files and type cmd then it will give a menu/pop up, right click and select Run as Administrator then run Signman's taskkill.

Also be sure you're logged on the laptop as Administrator. ;)

:geezer:

i tried the taskkill on it and says ....invalid agrument/option /c type taskkill /? for usage

Instead of using /im try replacing with /pid - I don't think you need to specify the c:/ either? should be able to get pid (programme id) from the task list

taskkill /pid  *programme id number* without asterixes

says invalid syntax value expected for /pid

if i do taskkill /c /pid ......... says invalid agrument

Running out of ideas.

Does the PC have a recovery partition? (not a restore point).

so now i tried this......

1. Open CMD
  2. Write powershell -Command "Start-Process cmd -Verb RunAs" and press Enter
  3. A pop-up window will appear asking to open a CMD as administrator

then i created a new user... and it worked but then i click on the new user it says ... the group client service failed the logon

There is a way to us a Win 7 CD to get to a command prompt window which should allow you to drill through the file tree to the actual file location for that cleaner and delete it, it won't run after that

from some of your effort results it may be you have corrupted/deleted system files and need to repair Win 7.

Edited by oftentired

you might try posting this on SlimCleaner and see if someone can help. Their free version support is addressed on a forum. Their paid version (SlimCleaner Plus) offers tech support 24/7. It sounds like your friend is using the paid version per your first post.

http://slimcleaner.com/

so i was able to create a new user and login to it.... says preparing your desktop.... desktop loads up with the standard windows wallpaper and thats it... no start button no icons just a wallpaper ... when i do atl ctrl del and open task manager, o applications are loaded in there

Edited by runball

so i was able to create a new user and login to it.... says preparing your desktop.... desktop loads up with the standard windows wallpaper and thats it... no start button no icons just a wallpaper ... when i do atl ctrl del and open task manager, o applications are loaded in there

Press the windows key +X does it bring up a menu? sorry doesn't work on W7, have you tried just pressing the windows key?. You are logged in on an admin profile so maybe you won't see users programmes.

Or

Try this from the new account -

https://windows-repair-toolbox.com/

Run it from a usb drive

My last thought is to remove the drive; slave it to another PC, copy the user folders for documents, pics, video etc; put it back in the laptop and just do a clean install of 7.

If you have the COA on the lappy you can download W7 from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7