Sign in to follow this  
freedom01

End-of-Life Dates for Windows 10 Versions

Can't open the link, but these things always have an end of life date when certain levels of support is pulled, right up untill final support is withdrawn, as with XP, even paid for extended support ends eventually! Nothing to worry about though if you have a fully legit copy and license.

freedom01, did you install a "home" version, "pro" version or the likes?

Windows 10 Version 1507 (original version) 5/09/2017
Widnows 10 Version 1511 “November Update” September 2017
Windows 10 Version 1607 “Anniversary Update” March 2018
Windows 10 Version 1703 “Creators Update” September 2018

I find it amazing that they've already called an EOL for the original version and the Anniversary edition...reckon that's MS though.

:geezer:

from my understanding windows 10 is a rolling release, bit like linux, so there never really is an end of life because it just keeps updating to the newer version all the time.

:b33r:

@ terry1966 - This is my understanding as well - Windows 10 will update in an ongoing release. This is why it truly is important that you allow automatic updating or update notifications. Update notifications are only allowed on the Pro version. The Home version needs to automatically update and can not be given update notifications.

Newer computers tend to get the updates sooner that older ones. Newer I mean ones that have CPUs that were released this year. That includes Intel Kaby Lake and AMD Ryzen.

I have an eight month old desktop and a five year old laptop.

The desktop has Windows 10 v.1703 (OS Build 15063.674)

The laptop has Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.1770)

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update was released on October 17th. I expect my desktop to get this update in the next few weeks.

1607: Anniversary Update (released August 2, 2016; support until March 2018)

1703: Creators Update (released April 5, 2017; support until September 2018)

1709: Fall Creators Update (released October 17, 2017; support until March 2019)

You can get the updates even faster by joining the Windows Insider Program. The only downside is you might see some updates that are not as well tested and might contain bugs.