Sign in to follow this  
maeeye

Rightcoupon

Hello Board

I wonder if anyone can help me. Recently while using Ebay a popup window starting appearing,,it suggests items I might be interested in buying.

It is as annoying as all heck.

I have run, Avg, Avg Pc Tuneup, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner,Superanitspyware, Cccleaner, none of these programs has got rid of it.

I have gone to Firefox, Tool, Options, Extensions/Appearance and Rightcoupon doesn't show up.

At the bottom of the pop up is an active link to Rightcoupon, when you go to it you are given the option of Uninstalling, it doesn't work, also the link they give to go to their site and Uninstall is not an active webpage.

In reply to my email to them they said the following, as there are over a dozen options to take once you have the Wrench icon open is way over my head. As I said the link given in this email is bogus.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

It is not as if I am on Ebay all the time, but none the less it is one of those things that bug the heck out of you because you can't budge it.

Thank you in advance

Maeeye

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your email.

You can permanently remove the shopping tool by clicking on the settings button (shaped like a wrench) and select one of the options in the dialog box.

For further assistance please follow the instructions in the following link: http://uninstall-addon.com/

Best Regards,
RightCoupon Support

Have you checked C:/Program Files x86 to see if it's there?

Run Junkware Removal Tool from here > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/293/

Run like this:

Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.

Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.

Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

:geezer:

Hopefully JRT will get it... but it also seems like Malwarebytes should have rooted it out.

I have gone to Firefox, Tool, Options, Extensions/Appearance and Rightcoupon doesn't show up.

Sometimes they use different names so it's not obvious. A year or so ago I know one system that was fighting Rightcoupon and they didn't find any rightcoupon extension either... but when they removed an extension called "Facebook Invite All Friends", Rightcoupon went away.

Hello Board

Thank you for the replies, I have run JRT and this is the result below. (I didn't know how to upload the TxT file, so I have Copy and Pasted results below. From memory this belongs to a game I had on the pc for the grandies.

I am now being hounded by a website called Ourluckysites.........it hijacks the Homepage on Edge, Firefox and IE............I am truly getting to apoint where I am over these hijacking programs.

I have Uninstalled this Ourluckysites so many times and it just returns.

Thank you once again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.3 (04.10.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
Ran by Glenda (Administrator) on Tue 23/05/2017 at 10:11:40.36

File System: 2

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Glenda\AppData\Roaming\alawar (Folder)
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\Glenda\AppData\Roaming\alawarentertainment (Folder)

Registry: 0

Scan was completed on Tue 23/05/2017 at 10:12:40.91
End of JRT log

This program targets files similiar to the ones that JRT does... but sometimes picks up one's it doesn't.

h3qKPnn.png Malwarebytes AdwCleaner

• Please download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the program.
  • Follow the prompts.
  • Click A49sxPr.png Scan.
  • Upon completion, click 6cyn5v5.png Logfile. A log (AdwCleaner[s0].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
  • Return to AdwCleaner. Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark under the corresponding tab.
  • Click MqHawIb.png Clean.
  • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
  • After the reboot, a log (AdwCleaner[C0].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.

Don't be overly concerned about deleting something you are unsure about. The program quarantines upon removal so it is easy to restore some thing.