Sign in to follow this  
freedom01

Logo/Web Design Business

Do not know much, but have a compassion creating. I know I cannot compete with professional web designers, but I am looking to start a Freelance Logo / Web Design business. The problem I am having is that I cannot thin of what to place on the Home Page that will spark interest to someone going to site. I'm trying to put together a business web site for potential clients to have a place to go and get to know me and my plans. My site should be for greeting, meeting and contact.

If I was working on a site for someone else I do not think I would be stumped like this.

Any thoughts for the Home Page would be greatly appreciated.

As complex as web design is, it is also as simple as people with experience often name it sound. I doubt you have to be some kind of a guru to create something of your own. But you need to master the basics, because you can't do the legwork if you do not know the A, B, and Cs.

I am a web developer. I have self taught experience in PHP, MySQLi, JQuery, CSS3, adn HTML5, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Publisher. I would recommend using these tools.

Wish I could help you more. But I really need to know where you are stuck, exactly.

I know your concern seems a little bit old, but just in case you need me to shed some light, just reply to the thread. I am completely new here. But I wouldn't mind helping.

Hi freedom01, 

Oh, you mean you want to be a logo designer? I suggest you start with web design, as there is a tread in logo making that it becomes automatically these days. FYI: I just read an online logo maker from cnet post hours ago, which supports making professional-looking logo fast and free. So unless you are about to design a logo for Yahoo, Espirit, or other famous brands, web designer  will be a better pursuit.