MIPS Value - 68757

RAM - 31229 MB/s

Shawn PC - http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25952418

MIPS Value - 35623

RAM - 13132 MB/s

Why would they be so different. The biggest difference between the two:

Shawn PC has 2X the RAM

Shawn PC has SSD as well as HDD

Shawn PC has GeForce GTX 1050ti where Kids PC has onboard Intel HD 4000 graphics

Shawn PC has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit where Kids PC has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I have a third system with nearly the same specs, and it sits in between the two.

Server - http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25932976

MIPS Value - 50632 (High like Kids PC)

RAM - 16727 (Low like Shawn PC)

Biggest difference with this:

Server has 24GB RAM (Kids PC - 8GB, Shawn PC 16GB)

Server has SSD, 2x HDD

Server has video disabled

Server is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter 64-bit

All are performing just fine, and really don't notice any difference. Mostly this is curiosity, however, with rendering video using Adobe Premier CC 2017, if I'm actually missing performance, and can get it back, that would be awesome!

Thanks for any insight!

There is about a 10% difference between the first 2 computers. The operating system and the architecture of the CPUs is enough to explain that. Keep in mind that the OverDrive scan is a comparison of your computers to all the others tested. OverDrive is not a benchmark although there are benchmarks in the scan. I suggest looking at the specific differences the in memory and CPU.

On Shawn PC go to Control Panel>System and Security>Power Options and make sure that the power scheme is set to High Performance.

There is about a 10% difference between the first 2 computers. The operating system and the architecture of the CPUs is enough to explain that. Keep in mind that the OverDrive scan is a comparison of your computers to all the others tested. OverDrive is not a benchmark although there are benchmarks in the scan. I suggest looking at the specific differences the in memory and CPU.

What do you mean a 10% difference? I'm specifically comparing the MIPS value and the ram speed value.

I'll look at my memory specs just to see, I can't remember what their values and timings are, but sure enough to know that one machine's memory shouldn't be 2.4 times faster.

As far as comparing the processors, all three machines are Intel i5-3570's running at 3.4Ghz...

On Shawn PC go to Control Panel>System and Security>Power Options and make sure that the power scheme is set to High Performance.

Did this and retested. Got the values I was seeing on the kids computer. Apparently Windows 10 is much better at power management than Windows 7 is. Don't care that the results were low, it makes sense now. When my PC is at low idle (which apparently PC pitstop tests don't cause throttling to go up) it's running at 1.56Ghz, not 3.4. And with the processor slowed down, that would explain the memory running slower too. Learn something new every day. Thanks IntelGuy. I have an i7-3770 on the way, installing tomorrow. Hopefully I see some faster rendering times in Premier going to it.