Sign in to follow this  
Terosinian

Application doesn't get prompt to be added to whitelist

Greetings, so I bought a game on the STEAM gaming application, and this usually doesn't happen to any other games except for this one. I want to add it to the whitelist, but I do not get a prompt, even when I put it in "Prompt For Override." I've also run a PC Matic scan, but either PC Matic or Supershield is still blocking it. I know that it's them because I paused the fire-wall for 10 minutes and was able to load up the game without problem. Is there not a way you can manually add something to the whitelist? If not, then I would ask if I can get some assistance with this issue.

Hi and Welcome!

Is this occurring on the desktop or the laptop?

Which game is it?

Let's get a log file uploaded so that we can have a better look at why this game isn't opening properly.

1) Open PC Matic and click the 'Options' gear icon, then select 'Technical Support' and click the 'Create a log' button to put a zipped file on your desktop.
2) After a minute or so you should see a message that the log file was successfully uploaded and the log file should disappear from the desktop.
If the log file remains on the desktop and there is no message of a successful upload displayed, please try this to install an updated version of PC Matic with a new log file uploader:
1) uninstall PC Matic from the control panel add/remove programs
2) reinstall PC Matic from this link: http://pcmatic.com/download
3) open PC Matic and click the 'Options' gear icon, then select 'Technical Support' and click the 'Create a log' button to create and upload the log file
Thank you for your assistance and please advise us when completed.

Hello! This is happening on a Desktop.

The game is Toukiden 2 (Has a settings launcher show up first, and when the game actually tries to load is when the firewall stops it.)

I tried opening the game, and when it failed (While keeping the firewall up) I uploaded the log and it said that it uploaded successfully! Thank you for your help!

Thanks

Got the log file.

I have forwarded the logs to our Super Shield development team for their advice.

Thanks for the assistance.

:) Y

I am having the same issue above as this as well as a few programs I like to use an ability to add things to the whitelist may be a great idea to implement.  Only way I can run them is to disable super shield and restart them after all is running.

Edited by Shadowedsoul

4 hours ago, Shadowedsoul said:

I am having the same issue above as this as well as a few programs I like to use an ability to add things to the whitelist may be a great idea to implement.  Only way I can run them is to disable super shield and restart them after all is running.

See if Advanced Mode in Super Shield helps in your situation:

Super Shield Advanced:

Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:

Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar

Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**

Move the cursor to:  "Block Notification Method"  **don't click**

Move the cursor to:  "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>

When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item.  Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.

:) Y

On 9/11/2018 at 9:02 PM, Y kawika said:

See if Advanced Mode in Super Shield helps in your situation:

Super Shield Advanced:

Please set Super Shield in Advanced Mode as follows:

Click the Green Super Shield icon in the lower right corner of the task bar

Move the cursor up to "Protection Level" **don't click**

Move the cursor to:  "Block Notification Method"  **don't click**

Move the cursor to:  "Prompt for Override (Advanced)" <<Click Here>>

When you open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item.  Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.

I get no prompt to add the program to white list it is auto blocked even with "promt to override" which I have used in the past.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information and see what is going on.

You can open a ticket from here:

PC Matic Help Desk

Please let them know which 'program" you are referencing and that you have uploaded a log file.

Thank you