Sign in to follow this  
edgo1758

Recovered files, only to be unopenable

On Thursday morning, my computer has crashed to a non-bootable state. I have made a successful reset but lost the files afterwards, on which I had to use Easeus Data Recovery Pro.

I managed to recover those files successfully, but I didn't expect that these files come as duplicates, and also, they cannot be opened. Like if they were fragmented, damaged, corrupted or what!

If anything can be done to undo the damage, it'll be fine. And afterwards I undergo a more agressive backup regime to prwvent those from happening again.

I forgot to say that my PC is a Windows 10 (Dell Inspiron 20, Model 3048)

I managed to recover those files successfully, but I didn't expect that these files come as duplicates, and also, they cannot be opened. Like if they were fragmented, damaged, corrupted or what!

Not used the Easeus tool but your comment around fragmentation may be true. Remember large files may be stored across indexed blocks; loose the index and what you get back maybe partial (fragmented) or even files with duplicate names and / or different file sizes.

Sorry not much help beyond this. I guess the moral is have a good backup routine to a cloud / NAS Server.

Like I said, the file names end with _001, _002, _003, etc. They even have the same file size and modification date.

Even the notepad files I opened contained nothing else than Chinese characters. And as I mentioned, every file I opened came with "File error, cannot open"