Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZACCCC1

MS Excel Starter slow to open spreadsheets

My PC, which runs on Windows 7, has MS Office Starter 2010 installed. Up until a couple of weeks ago, when you opened a spreadsheet in MS Excel Starter it came up almost straightaway. Then, for some reason, it suddenly started taking up to half a minute to show the spreadsheet. Similarly, when you close the individual spreadsheet down, it takes a long time to disappear from the screen. Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks.

Do you have any add-ons?

Are you saving and opening from your PC or is it saving / opening from Onedrive (Default is to back up and sync, this will slow things down)?

Do you have any add-ons?

Are you saving and opening from your PC or is it saving / opening from Onedrive (Default is to back up and sync, this will slow things down)?

Thanks for getting back to me nigsy. I'm saving and opening from my PC.

Open your Excel App first then open your spreadsheet. See if that helps. You might also see if you can reset Microsoft Office from the control panel. Just highlight Microsoft Office Starter Edition and click change, then click repair. That should reset it and take care of any "bugs" you may have.