Sign in to follow this  
dianamite

Is there such a thing AS ......

Simple, basic, beginner HELP TOPICS????

I have searched thru endless forums for a simple answer of HOW do I put a large amount of text into a scroll box. I've done it before, years ago, and haven't had to since ... and now I really NEED to and cannot find this simple basic questions's answer!!

WTH? If it does exist, I would LOVE to know *where* it is.

If you want to just answer my question/dilemma.... that would be acceptable too. The Lady helping me in another forum will appeciate it.

Edited by dianamite

The easy way, if copy/paste isn't working for you, is to use the "More Reply Options" at the lower right corner of your reply box.

Here, using the Attach Files/Choose Files button, you can attach the text document to your next reply and it will then be available for downloading and reading to the helper.

I hope that this helps.

:) Y

Copy/Paste is no problem................ the amount of text is the problem. Tech's don'e like it when the cup runneth over... and they have pages and pages of log to look thru ;)

Using the more options ... I STILL do not see an option for pasting text into a scolling option box.... and it was one of the things I had tried on my own before asking. I'm turning 70 this year... a litte more exact help would be appreciated.

Earlier I tried the < > things and almost got blocked .... I had no idea what they were...

Edited by dianamite

dont worry we will figure this out.

The files you have on desktop should have a file name associated with it

When your using the More Reply Options look below and you'll see to the left

ATTACH files, and browse

this will open a window on your computer, different folders and areas, and allow you to look for the file you need to place in

then click on Attach this file button

try that.

alright ya'll stop the googlie eyes there

I've got to step out for a couple of hours, when I get back I'll try to post images.

Edited by Juliet

alright ya'll stop the googlie eyes thereI've got to step out for a couple of hours, when I get back I'll try to post images when I get back.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

:geezer: