firekracker

What's the point of anonymous signin?

If it is now possible to see who is on line.....why bother with anonymous sign-in? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

please deleate if already answered though please show answer first :)

Good to see you again sweetie! You too Indy...

Just my thoughts, but you should be able to see yourself if signed in anonymously but no one else should know that you're online, except Mods and Admin.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

:geezer:

............ if signed in anonymously but no one else should know that you're online, except Mods and Admin.

........... and Santa Clause :xmas_rolleyes:

Nice to see you Miss Fire and happy to see that your replies and emoticons are working again. :tup:

:) Y

We must all agree with indy when there are several topics like this on a site with limited activity

requesting information about the defragger

Started by Roedy Green, 20 May 2016 and still not answered !! Looks like nobody really cares enough to answer -

I do not agree with indy. I visit every day frequently 2 or 3 times a day. For me it is not a matter of caring to answer. If I have an answer that I think will be helpful I type it in. If I don't have an answer I do my best to stop myself from making something up just to have an answer.

Now to make an answer to the OP. I don't know the original purpose behind anonymous sign on to a forum. Searching the internet didn't give me anything reliable I would post here. Any guess I would make has a counter argument of equal or greater value. So I'm not going to stick my neck out with a guess.

Edited by oftentired

Anonymous Sign-In allows you to see the forums and your account without others others knowing you're whereabouts. It's been a while since I've spent time on the forums but has something changed about that?

Anonymous Sign-In allows you to see the forums and your account without others others knowing you're whereabouts. It's been a while since I've spent time on the forums but has something changed about that?

No, not to my knowledge.

p.s. good to see you Sho'!

Thanx for all the replies...I understand how it works now.   thanx to Caintry knowing I can be a tad slow n' must have things explained to me :wub:

Nice to see you too Mr. Y :)

indy - you say no one is ever here?  well, you must come around from time to time...just come around more often

Juliet - thanx for the compliment re my avatar.  truth is I love hats n' wear one almost every day but sshhhh, don't tell anyone cuz it's a secret.... :P

Hi Shogun ~ don't think anything changed...I just didn't know what was what :)

noknojo - - Hi!  did you give a shot at answering post re defragger?  i'll go take a look n' see what's what...well, I looked n' have a feeling Roedy didn't read the Post for all members about how to post what where.  his post is more than confusing n' since Roedy posted a year n' 1/2 ago - doubt he'll respond but who knows.  Also, fyi - folks do care enough to answer questions!!

Edited by firekracker
finished note to noknojo