Sign in to follow this  
me82

kaspersky antivirus 2010

iI installed this on pc with windows 7 and it is 2010 version with activation code on the disc. I thought this would still work but it said acctivation code expired so its not activated, but i updated the databases and most parts of it works and some parts says my computer is protected just not activated.

I can still leave this on my computer or will it be best to get 2017 version

It will still run basic protection but the databases will not be the latest

you sure nigsy? i always thought when antivirus software activation runs out then it stops protecting you in real time so offers no real time protection at all not even basic protection but can only be run as on demand service, bit like malwarebytes free.

of course i haven't used antivirus software for years so things might be different now and why i asked.

If you are running windows just remove Kaspersky and install MS Security Essentials:

+1

:b33r:

you sure nigsy? i always thought when antivirus software activation runs out then it stops protecting you in real time so offers no real time protection at all not even basic protection but can only be run as on demand service, bit like malwarebytes free.

+1

Back in the bad old days before I saw the light and started running Linux I had a Kapernsky licence; when it ran out it still protected you; but would not load any new databases etc; so any new threat would be an issue. Like you though it's a long time since I had those worries!1

thanks, might have been like that for me too then.

i don't remember what antivirus software i even used so i might have just been confusing myself again. :rofl3:

If you are running windows just remove Kaspersky and install MS Security Essentials:

I might do this for my pc with windows 7 and is avast free vesion good for win. 8.1 thats what im using