Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dickster

It's been a bad year for me.

This past April I lost my sister to complications from C.O.P.D. It was tough, but we all moved on. On Monday at about 5:30PM my brother and best friend lost his short (1 1/2 month) battle with stomach cancer. This one hits hard. Only have one other sibling left, and she is in a battle with lung cancer. Not a good year. It's kinda why I haven't been around much. :(

Know that their suffering has ended and they can rest in peace.

Blessings to you and your family

:) Y

Bless your heart, dear.

You've had to endure what we call a nightmare.

Focus on your self a while and make sure all you do is to stay healthy.

I don't know what to say.

I'm sorry for your losses and your continued familial issues. I wish there was something I could say or do that was the least bit helpful.

Dickster, I know words can only go so far in comforting those who are hurting. Just know that our prayers are with you. I lost my younger brother to non-hodgkins lymphoma 14 years ago. Earl

it's a sad fact of life that we must lose the ones we cherish the most and are left with only memories but try and remember, hard as that is at times, that they wouldn't want to see you unhappy and would want you to just remember the good times you had with them and be happy with the rest of your life before it's time for others to mourn the loss of you as you now mourn the loss of them.

the thing that makes me sadder than actually losing someone i love is seeing them suffering with a long painful illness where they just waste away and die and as much as i love them and want them to always be there i'm relieved they are finally no longer in pain and then feel guilty for that feeling of relief when they are gone.

i don't really believe in an afterlife myself but for those that do i envy their happiness in knowing they don't just have those old memories to cherish while alive but will be able to create new ones when they are reunited again with those loved ones for all eternity when they themselves finally die.

take care of yourself and best wishes to you and yours.

i hope you have a long and wonderful life remembering those cherished lost ones.

:b33r: