Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bayman

Broadband Quality Tool

Let's give it another go.

Please cancel any scans that you have running with it and reboot the computer.

Navigate to: C:\Program Data\ PCPitstop\BroadbandQuality

Delete the log file there, or you can cut and paste it to a different directory.

Once the BroadbandQuality folder is empty, then go ahead and reset your scans.

Please let us know if this behavior continues or if it reports properly now.

Thanks.

:) Y

Let's give it another go.

Please cancel any scans that you have running with it and reboot the computer.

Navigate to: C:\Program Data\ PCPitstop\BroadbandQuality

Delete the log file there, or you can cut and paste it to a different directory.

Once the BroadbandQuality folder is empty, then go ahead and reset your scans.

Please let us know if this behavior continues or if it reports properly now.

Thanks.

I did as per your instructions:

1. In the "Status" there are no logs, as none are expected as the log.txt file is removed/deleted

2. In the "Reports" it still shows the Download and Upload Speed for October 2 dates, October 7th and October 8th

Another thing that would be great, is, if we could widen the program by hovering over the edge of the box and then widening or shortening it....

I live in Canada, and we use Postal Codes, the program does not accept Postal Codes so I have to a enter U.S.A. Zip Code...

For us Canadians, would you be able to change the program to accept Postal Codes....

I'll ask about whether further development and expansion is going to be done with this free tool.

For now, please run the utility and let us know if the fields all populate properly for you over the day or so.

Thank you.

Y, attached is the latest Report, notice that it is not breaking up the days as there should be a report for each day...

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing....

post-97689-0-50808700-1476537447_thumb.jpg

i think the problem is bayman is confusing or wanting a single report for each days test when in fact what he's getting is a single report for all the days he's running the test and not a new report every time the date changes regardless of the day he started running the test.

no idea why he would want lots of reports though when the single report for the test run has all the info he requires in it anyway.

so from what i can see, you'll get a new report every time the test is run and stopped. and in the report will be the test for as many or few days the test is actually running. so to get a report per day you'll need to run and stop the test every day or reprogram the test so it automatically starts a new report for each date or have a way of showing just a certain days results in an option somewhere.

:b33r:

i think the problem is bayman is confusing or wanting a single report for each days test when in fact what he's getting is a single report for all the days he's running the test and not a new report every time the date changes regardless of the day he started running the test.

no idea why he would want lots of reports though when the single report for the test run has all the info he requires in it anyway.

:tup:

:geezer:

sorry caintry was still editing when you made your post, to try and clarify what i was trying to say, but you got it anyway. :mrgreen:

so from what i can see, you'll get a new report every time the test is run and stopped. and in the report will be the test for as many or few days the test is actually running. so to get a report per day you'll need to run and stop the test every day or reprogram the test so it automatically starts a new report for each date or have a way of showing just a certain days results in an option somewhere.

You are on the money terry.

I asked the developer: "Is the tool suppose to show each day in the Reporting Tab of the utility?"

He replied: "No, the date on the left side reflects the date on which the report was started."

The reason I thought that is due to me getting two separate reports on October 7th and October 8th when I started the program on October 7th and was letting it go for a week....

May I suggest using the desktop gadgets for 7/8/10? You can get it here http://addgadgets.com/download/Network_Meter.zip, but if you're on 10, it requires a lil work(http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/bring-desktop-gadgets-back-windows-10/), but you can see bandwidth in real time. http://i.imgur.com/06chSqz.jpg

The reason I thought that is due to me getting two separate reports on October 7th and October 8th when I started the program on October 7th and was letting it go for a week....

at a guess i'd say you started it running on the 7th but on the 8th the pc shutdown and restarted for some reason maybe to install an update and started the test again and that's why you had 2 reports when you had actually only started the test running the once.

Guys, I have been continually tracking my isp data, and have come to the point that I can't delete a date so that I can add another date as the program will not scroll down to October 27th even though I have the test running for October 27th

post-97689-0-64830300-1477603503_thumb.jpg

Hi Bayman,

Open the utility and let me know if a scroll bar shows up for you for those reports.

An adjustment to the UI was just pushed out.

Thanks

I am having a problem with the Broadband Quality Tool. It doesn't do anything! The person who started this topic, Bayman, couldn't download it at first and then he could but it didn't work. I have read the entire topic and apparently there were a couple of fixes to the program from the time this started to the time when it appeared to be working properly at the end of Oct 2016. Bayman also posted this topic over in the Internet and Networking forum which is where I found it. From there I was referred to this topic in this forum. The program downloads and will install. I can fill out the form and start the test but after that there is nothing. How do you make it work?

After running the test for the duration that you had set, open the program and click on the Status tab to review the logs and the Reports tab to review the displayed bar graphs.

Are you not seeing the logs and graphs?

I have never run this for the complete duration of a test. I understand from reading this thread and that in the other forum that there will only be one report for each test duration. I have assumed that the hourly speed tests would show up. The first time I ran this, I left it at the default for one week. After four hours I could not see that it did any testing. I changed the duration to one day with a test every hour and let it run overnight. There was still no indication that any tests had been run. Are you telling me that if I set the duration for one day that I have to wait the full 24 hours before any results are shown?

Are you telling me that if I set the duration for one day that I have to wait the full 24 hours before any results are shown?

No you should see results after an hour or two. Also look in your C:\Program Files x86/PcPitstop/Broadband Quality for a log/logs...

No you should see results after an hour or two. Also look in your C:\Program Files x86/PcPitstop/Broadband Quality for a log/logs...

You may not see logs there. But if you run the tool exe file (click Reports at the top (if it is not already there)) it should show the current test results on the face of the running GUI.

The program has been running for hours now and nothing. The Status and Reports tabs are both blank. There is no indication of logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\PCPitstop\BroadbandQuality. However, in C:\Program Data\PCPitStop\BroadbandQuality there is a blank log.txt created this morning at 10:29am. caintry_boy asked in the other forum about by computer. I am running Win 7.1 with an intel I3 at 3.7Ghz.

Let's see an Overdrive Test, perhaps this will shed some light on why the program is working for everyone else but you.

Go to: Start>All Programs, then Right Click on Internet Explorer and choose: 'Run as Administrator'
Navigate yourself to the Overdrive test and run the scan, then post the final URL address back into this thread:
Here's a how to:
Thanks

Don't ask. I don't know the answer. I posted on 5 Jan at 4:02 pm that the program had been running for hours and nothing had happened. At 9:20 pm it ran it's first test and concluded with a final test at 9:22 am on 6 Jan. I checked it again in the evening of 6 Jan and it was apparently still running because the red STOP Test button was still displayed. I figured when the duration of the test was over the green START button would be displayed. Anyway I stopped it and put the PC into standby. I started it again at 12:20 pm today, 7 Jan, and it just finished its 4th test at 3:20 pm. I didn't do anything and I didn't change anything! MAGIC! I do have a question - on the Status tab it shows the results from the very beginning at 9:20 pm on 5 Jan and ending with 3:20 pm today (so far). The Report tab is showing the current tests. I can click on the report that started on 5 Jan and it will show those results. Is this the way it is supposed to work? My average download speed is about 58 Mbps which is a far cry from the 200 Mbps I am paying for. From looking in the registry I know it is going to speedtest.net. Is there any way to tell which server it is using? That might be useful information when I talk to Time Warner about the low speeds. I do appreciate everyone's help on this problem. It would be nice to know why I had the problem but why look a gift horse in the mouth!