Sign in to follow this  
Rmegi7

Top 1% How many of you have it?

Yes!! It was in "command prompt / boot tab / advance settings" That box that says you can check how many cores you have? DO NOT CHECK THAT! lol I had that checked and I put "10" in that box thinking it was going to "enable" all my cores! But, it was wrong. People say to check that and put your core number in there to help "boot time" but, in the long run, it hurts your overall performance. Live and learn! :nono:

I cant find my old 1% score.. I guess when you post a summary, it gives the latest score.. I was having computer issues and it gave me a 19% rating this time... wish I could find it

Beast_USA, on 30 Dec 2016 - 6:41 PM, said:

:) Hey IG I was going to do the test but I don't have IE installed. :(

I did get a couple of my Futuremark benchies back in the hall of fame.

Hey Gary!

Glad to see that you're still building and benching! Nice rig!

@caintry_boy

I love the 1080 and it got me back in the hall of fame on Futuremark! this is the first time in I don't even know in how long I have only run a single card!

When I went to the 6950X I switched my two EVGA 980's in for the single EVGA 1080 SC. It will OC to anything you want! And I also love my Crucial memory I have

that & Gskill Ripshaws, but the Crucial will run like the video card pretty much any speed I set! And memory needs no voltage at 3000 (stock XMP speed) 1.2v!

@3200 & CPU@4000 the memory only needs 1.255v LOL 1.5v is it's rated voltage. I can get 80,000+MB/s out of the Crucial. (not stable) :( The Crucial will run at DDR4-4600!

Best stable speed read 69,218 MB/s - Write 70,003 MB/s - Copy 67,623 MB/s 15-16-16-30-CR1. The BIG jumps are in L1, L2 & L3 cache. L1 2579,7 GB/s

@IntelGuy

Yep still building the crazy systems just not as often as the old days. :) Only running water cooling but it does have 3 rads on a shelve right in front of a window ac. So I can get the temps down to 7-9C for the hard benchies. And 24/7 with no AC & no fans running it stays around 28-30C, turn on the rad fans 19-23C. Two 120's & a 240 rad, Raystorm Waterblock, Swiftech Pump, XSPC Reservoir.

I retired the freezer water cooling back to a freezer storing food! LOL

Good to see you guys again :) I get so busy with so many irons in the fire I have no free time! LOL

Looks like you guys are the top dawgs over here Mod & Admin Congrats!

@caintry_boy

I love the 1080 and it got me back in the hall of fame on Futuremark! this is the first time in I don't even know in how long I have only run a single card!

When I went to the 6950X I switched my two EVGA 980's in for the single EVGA 1080 SC. It will OC to anything you want! And I also love my Crucial memory I have

that & Gskill Ripshaws, but the Crucial will run like the video card pretty much any speed I set! And memory needs no voltage at 3000 (stock XMP speed) 1.2v!

@3200 & CPU@4000 the memory only needs 1.255v LOL 1.5v is it's rated voltage. I can get 80,000+MB/s out of the Crucial. (not stable) :( The Crucial will run at DDR4-4600!

Best stable speed read 69,218 MB/s - Write 70,003 MB/s - Copy 67,623 MB/s 15-16-16-30-CR1. The BIG jumps are in L1, L2 & L3 cache. L1 2579,7 GB/s

@IntelGuy

Yep still building the crazy systems just not as often as the old days. :) Only running water cooling but it does have 3 rads on a shelve right in front of a window ac. So I can get the temps down to 7-9C for the hard benchies. And 24/7 with no AC & no fans running it stays around 28-30C, turn on the rad fans 19-23C. Two 120's & a 240 rad, Raystorm Waterblock, Swiftech Pump, XSPC Reservoir.

I retired the freezer water cooling back to a freezer storing food! LOL

Good to see you guys again :) I get so busy with so many irons in the fire I have no free time! LOL

Looks like you guys are the top dawgs over here Mod & Admin Congrats!

:geezer: :geezer:

:geezer:

Still have my raptorpit shirt don't know if that was 2011 or before that :D

I still have mine and wear it often, the one with the Raptor on the back...and a "generic" one that Ray sent me that say's "Staff" on the front (although I was never staff).

:geezer:

Nice ewitte love the internet speed!

I still have a few of both of the shirts my youngest keeps steeling them! LOL

Edited by Beast_USA

1% -- http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=25952505

i7 7700k ($299 Microcenter)

MSI DUKE GTX 1080 ($367. Regular sale is $499.--MIR, newegg $10/100 promo cards and ebates)

Asus Z270E Motherboard ($159.99--Microcenter has a $30 instant rebate for Mobo/CPU combo)

16GB EVGA DDR4 (2x8 sticks dual channel, XMP on) ($89.99)

Spent 916.97 on this build! Not bad at all since I had the SSD/Case/PSU from a previous build. If you want to count the full price of the 1080 minus the trickery I pulled or even Mail in Rebate, you'd be at 1049.96. Gotta love those sales!