Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caintry_boy

Labor Day

I know that many of y'all have already traveled to be with friends and family, but if not going until today, please be safe out there!

What does everyone have planned? Think I'll option for some pork chops on the grill if I still have any, that or chicken. No kids this year so it's going to be quiet around this house.

While y'all are traveling, please don't drink and drive!!!

:geezer:

Labour day??

I'm contracting for an American company here in the UK at the moment; Last week was a UK Bank holiday, I had to work it because the US guys were working in Detroit. So I thought I would get today off as Detroit office is shut; but no it's a normal working day for the UK team. Go figure!

The rest of you enjoy yourselves.

Labour day??

I'm contracting for an American company here in the UK at the moment; Last week was a UK Bank holiday, I had to work it because the US guys were working in Detroit. So I thought I would get today off as Detroit office is shut; but no it's a normal working day for the UK team. Go figure!

The rest of you enjoy yourselves.

Sorry nigsy, but everything is shut down over here with a few exceptions, convenience stores/gas stations, and likely some tree and shrub nurseries.

I'm with you tho', I can testify that I've had to work my share of "holidays"...

edit: lemme go out on a limb here and say that we're giving you the "day off" from The Pit... :P

Worked today... but I snuck over the mountain and visited my 3 month old grandson on Saturday. Hard to have a bad weekend after that.

Sorry nigsy, but everything is shut down over here with a few exceptions, convenience stores/gas stations, and likely some tree and shrub nurseries.

I'm with you tho', I can testify that I've had to work my share of "holidays"...

edit: lemme go out on a limb here and say that we're giving you the "day off" from The Pit... :P

Not to forget, every major post office in the US has people working 24/7. Fewer than normal on major holidays, but still moving mail.