Sign in to follow this  
brownhornet

issue on dual band router

bought an asus dual band router a while back and all was fine till today...my main computer is hard wired to cable connection. today i let my son use it in his room which uses a dual band wireless adapter..installed the wireless adapter and used it just fine. by the way my son uses the 5ghz band so it doesnt interfere with the rest of the network. i put the computer back in my room and it says im still connected to the 5ghz band..i hover over the network icon in system tray and it says the name of the 5ghz band,before it just said connected..any help would be great

bh, are you NOT able to click the icon in the tray and disconnect from the 5Ghz band? Or, can you right click it and go to Network/Sharing and do it that way?

Guessing you're running Win10 which I'm staying FAR AWAY from...

:geezer:

bh, are you NOT able to click the icon in the tray and disconnect from the 5Ghz band? Or, can you right click it and go to Network/Sharing and do it that way?

Guessing you're running Win10 which I'm staying FAR AWAY from...

:geezer:

no i cant disconnect from the 5ghz band but i can open the network sharing via right click..should i be able to disconnect from there,if so how? on windows 7..

Edited by brownhornet

have a look at the pic and the network im connected to.''nosferatu'' is the 5ghz band..if i try to disconnect that window in lower right pops up.i wonder if i unplug router and let it restart matbe it will disconnect from 5ghz band

network.jpg

System Restore?

Pop back before the change had been made and see if it resolves the issue.

:) Y

will try it now..also going to try and reset the router via the reset button on the back.hopefully that works out

so the resetting router to default didnt work and sysytem restore failed..but for what ever reason it is not connected to the 5ghz band anymore. it is now connected to ''network'' like before. i renamed the 5ghz bad so it wouldnt try and connect to it..thanks guys.