Sign in to follow this  
Steve Jolly

PC Matic Hangs up while checking recycle bin

This is my first post... I apologize if it is in the wrong section.

I have been trying to run PC Matic scan, but it hangs at cleaning of the recycle bin... Any help would be great. I've run scan disk and deleted and rerun active x.

post-106463-0-28921000-1470501907_thumb.png

:wp:

Please download, extract, and run the repair tool from the link below. To download, click on the purple button in the upper right of the page that opens after clicking the link:

https://repairtasks.codeplex.com/

Use the Save As option to save the file to the desktop, then once it is saved right click on the folder and select "Extract All". When the extraction completes, open the folder and right-click on Repair Tasks.exe and select "Run as administrator".

Once the tool is open, click the button to let it scan the computer, then once the scan is completed, click the button to let it repair any corrupted tasks that it finds. You can use the default settings to do the scan and repair.

Once the tool completes the repair, reboot the computer, then try PC Matic again. If the scan will still not complete, we will need for you to open a ticket at our help desk from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/support/

Moving to the Paid Products forum.

17 hours ago, Allan said:

Only one problem, that exe file isn't coming up on this extracted file.  

Can you please open a new thread with your specific issue. This thread is over 18 months old and the solution may not be current.

Thanks.

:wp: