Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caintry_boy

Internet Sales Tax

I don't have a problem with it. I pay sales tax on some Internet purchases in California, and I believe that we all need to pay our fair share. This is something I laugh at a lot of people about. They don't want to pay taxes, yet they expect the fire department to put out fires at their house, the police to get their stuff back if they get robbed, and a lot of people live on food stamps and welfare. Where do they think the money for all that stuff comes from, a gift from God?

we pay sales tax on internet purchases in Texas as well but not always. For example - Amazon has a presence here so I pay a tax if they ship to me within Texas. If they ship it from outside then I don't have to . Newegg doesn't charge taxes when I order from them. Here's the rule:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/texas-internet-sales-tax.html

I think it's still a better option even if a sales tax is charged. It's the shipping costs (if any) that sometimes makes it a deal breaker for me.

As a 100% military connected disabled veteran in the state of Oklahoma I have been issued a tax exempt card that can be used to purchase everything with no sales, excise or personal property tax at all, the one exception being gasoline still pay tax on it.

I can purchase up to two new cars every three years without the tax's and it only cost me about $9.00 dollars to tag them.

No sales tax in my state. They keep trying to institute it but it has been voted down 9 times since 1993. I think the closest they've come was still defeated by 57% of the vote. Biggest gap was defeated by 78%. Surveys continue to show that it will never pass unless they agree to drop the property tax and replace it with the sales tax.

For the record, my state would like a law passed to institute a sales tax for internet purchases as they believe that will encourage web businesses to operate from Oregon so they won't have to deal with sales taxes.

If I'm ordering stuff from Newegg (PC parts and such), I pay no sales tax...I hate paying sales taxes, but if I had to pay sales tax on my internet purchases I guess it wouldn't hurt too badly, might restrict my buying even more tho'...

Money is hard to come by around our place.....!

:geezer:

Guns, on 02 Jun 2016 - 7:09 PM, said:

As a 100% military connected disabled veteran in the state of Oklahoma I have been issued a tax exempt card that can be used to purchase everything with no sales, excise or personal property tax at all, the one exception being gasoline still pay tax on it.

I can purchase up to two new cars every three years without the tax's and it only cost me about $9.00 dollars to tag them.

those are nice perks - but you certainly paid a heavy price to earn them :salute:

those are nice perks - but you certainly paid a heavy price to earn them :salute:

Yes the price was high CB can attest that Vietnam did leave a few holes in me.

:yup:

The ones left by small arms fire or the agent orange?

:geezer:

Both have taken a toll over the years.