Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

terry1966

funniest thing i've seen for ages

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

error while trying to view this forum, after 5 minutes i finally got in and just had to post this. :rofl3:

by the way there are 2 users viewing the forum and 1 member (me) logged in.

poor poor forum. :bawling:

hope things turn around soon and it gets back to it's former glory otherwise i might be the only person who ever sees my witty (to me anyway.) comments.. :laughing:

:b33r:

Sorry, we were changing the hamster on the power wheel that runs the server and the second hamster ran away and was hiding.

Took awhile to find him. :mrgreen:

hamster.gif

:) Y

Yep, I was online with IPS and evidently their servers were being attacked, which is what had been causing these down times.

Been out here for hours. No wonder this website is so sparsely populated. Nobody can get in here. Email to website admin gets bounced back as undeliverable too.

j8HF7GV.jpg

Website visitors: 2 members, 0 Guests, 0 Anonymous Users. Time for another 'Server too crowded error'.

Got the server folding....not got bandwidth for a forum as well!!

not a lot you can do about stopping a dos attack, but to be honest ips should have been able to cope if their security and servers were setup and managed correctly in my uneducated opinion.

:b33r:

Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

I got Terry's message myself today and here it is a Saturday...I hate to say it because most folks are not working on Saturday, BUT, Saturday and Sunday are the slowest days around here for forum traffic and the server is too busy?? And only me and IntelGuy on here right now...

Pshaw!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:geezer:

I've been getting that message fairly often the last few weeks. Typically I get in after an hour or two.

Thanks guys.

We have adjusted a few settings as recommended with IPS that were carried over from previous configurations that, evidently, are no longer recommended with the newer setup and were kicking us offline.

Please let us know if any of it persists. It was definitely not being caused by the traffic here. That's for sure. ;)

Thanks

There were like 150 people here just before you logged on. Must have been something you said. :whistling: