Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chengrob

Nostalgia

It was Doug (Intel Guy) that started an internal thread about the PC Pitstop forums. These forums were started in June 2000 close to 16 years ago and many of us are still here. A lot of great people came and went. Here are three that I remember.

Volt. As his name suggests, he was an electrician by trade but he also became our most prolific poster. I think that he might still hold the record.

Ax Slinger. He started the Anti Spyware Brigade way back in 2003.

Kylie Smilie. Our contact from down under.

There are lots and lots over the years, but I thought it would be fun to reminisce.

JossieBelle - Who I'm still in touch with over FBook

Tx (Bryan) - Still pops in now and again

Drovers Dog?? what happened to him?

Probably many more.....

Tx (Bryan) - Still pops in now and again

Drovers Dog?? what happened to him?

Probably many more.....

I remember her....

Tell Bryan to come back once in a while to see us!

DD, has unfortunately passed away.

Volt <-- I remember him too

Ax Slinger. He started the Anti Spyware Brigade way back in 2003.<-- so it's his fault I turned into malware removal?

Kylie Smilie <--she was a sweetheart!!

say hi and hope she's doing well to her from me.

didn't Kylie Smilie pop in a few months back to say hi? or is my memory playing tricks with me?

way to many old members gone missing for one reason or another over the years and the pit is a much poorer place for their loss in my opinion but that's life over time people's lives, priorities and interests change and old friends get left behind while we make new ones.

:b33r:

Remembering:

Volt

Dave Methvin

Ax Slinger

GreentTillDeath alias Kurt Bleach

Kylie Smilie

Megaspaz

and Bruce of course and Randy Rhoads 1981 (sure miss Howie!)...

And a host of others too numerous to name..I started coming to these forums back in Sept. 2002 but never joined or posted until 2003 and back then Bruce and Megaspaz helped me get my SUSE 8.1 running correctly. They had me creating tarballs and the whole nine yards, all of which I've long since forgotten.

I considered once becoming a Malware Tech like Juliet and Jacee and Tomk_ but had second thoughts. Now sort of wish I had gone through with it, in the last 2-3 weeks I've been "nailed" with a DNS changer TWICE and the second time around I couldn't get rid of it so I'm running on a clean install of Win 7 Home.

The PIT has been a boon to me over the years teaching me how to maintain, build, and Overclock my own PC's along with providing the knowledge of where to look for virus/malware removal tools (something we should do ourselves, rather than picking a lot of them up from BC), hardware monitoring software for my rigs, and it's just been a general BLESSING to me. If I don't come here everyday and browse and help out with answers or BAN someone nowadays then I don't "feel right".

:geezer:

or BAN someone nowadays then I don't "feel right".

so it's your fault i never see anyone here any more then, you've banned them all. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :IG:

:P

porthos was the first person i remember getting help from that doesn't pop in any more.

:b33r:

I really miss that guy GreenTillDeath.

This is a test. This is only a test of your emergency sarcasm detectors. If this was actual sarcasm, your computer would crash and the zombie apocalypse would begin.

@ terry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: not quite buddy, after all I haven't banned you yet!

@ KurtBleach, oh I think he's around somewhere...;)

Just so many names that I remember and really miss seeing some of them, but like someone said above, life happens and our places and friends change. I really miss RAH, his Folding knowledge was awesome!

:geezer:

Ohhhh, some of the characters!

Iain

Moon

franglais & tobias

Doug aka Dough

Sir T

kd5

radio

Hawk

faith-michelle

teacup61 (RIP)

FZWG (RIP)

stormy13

X_C

Lou

mouse

shogan191

So many really great people come through here and it sure is a privilege to have been able to get to know them.

Odd and unpredictable at times, but still quite an adventure.

I'm always happy to see new faces and to meet new members, but there is a special bond that I hold with many that are still here today.

The Pit is special and always has been for me.

:) Y