Sign in to follow this  
JamesNigh

should i be worried?

upgraded machine to Win10 last week.......

just scanned; i was expecting to download a .dll or something.

but it went as normal, and even afterwards, on the home screen, it says this machine is Windows 8.

can't it tell i upgraded?

If Windows 10 is not being correctly identified, please try this:

1) uninstall SuperShield from the control panel add/remove programs

2) uninstall PC Matic from the control panel add/remove programs

3) go to c:\program files\pcpitstop (or c:\program files (x86)\pcpitstop for 64 bit systems) and manually delete the PC Matic folder to make sure that all parts are removed

4) reinstall PC Matic from this link: http://pcmatic.com/download

5) open PC Matic and click on Options>SuperShield and click the button to reinstall SuperShield

6) reboot then do another scan and clean, then close and reopen PC Matic. Windows 10 should now be detected.

If Windows 10 is not being correctly identified, please try this:

1) uninstall SuperShield from the control panel add/remove programs

2) uninstall PC Matic from the control panel add/remove programs

3) go to c:\program files\pcpitstop (or c:\program files (x86)\pcpitstop for 64 bit systems) and manually delete the PC Matic folder to make sure that all parts are removed

4) reinstall PC Matic from this link: http://pcmatic.com/download

5) open PC Matic and click on Options>SuperShield and click the button to reinstall SuperShield

6) reboot then do another scan and clean, then close and reopen PC Matic. Windows 10 should now be detected.

ok, i have a problem........

it doesn't see it in add/remove programs.

it simply isn't there.

not in Revo, either.

yet it runs fine. :surrender:

You can skip the part about SuperShield in that case.

If you go to Start>Apps is there a PC Matic or PC Pitstop folder? If yes, check and see if there is an uninstaller there.

You can skip the part about SuperShield in that case.

If you go to Start>Apps is there a PC Matic or PC Pitstop folder? If yes, check and see if there is an uninstaller there.

negative.

pc%20pitstop_zpstbm6nd6g.png

Edited by JamesNigh

OK, if there is no uninstaller in Programs and Features or in the Start menu, then just reinstall PC Matic using the link below. The first thing it should do is ask to uninstall the existing version:

http://pcpitstop.com/store/get.asp?prd=pcmatic&aff=0002

<sigh>

nope. no change.

nor did it prompt to uninstall the existing install.

christ, i'm having a bad day. :pullhair:

Is PC Matic showing in Control Panel>Programs and Features now as version 1.1.0.63?

If yes, you need to do a scan and clean, then close and reopen PC Matic before Windows 10 will be displayed.

Is PC Matic showing in Control Panel>Programs and Features now as version 1.1.0.63?

If yes, you need to do a scan and clean, then close and reopen PC Matic before Windows 10 will be displayed.

hmmmmmmmmm

now it's showing up in Programs and Features.

whaddya mean by Scan and clean exactly?

i just did a scan with PCM and nothing happened.

Scan and clean is either having the scan options set to do the "autofix" or else manually clicking on the Fix All button in the lower right at the end of a scan if Auto Fix is not selected.

Then after the Fix All portion completes, you will still need to close PC Matic, then reopen it and at that time Windows 10 should be showing.

Scan and clean is either having the scan options set to do the "autofix" or else manually clicking on the Fix All button in the lower right at the end of a scan if Auto Fix is not selected.

Then after the Fix All portion completes, you will still need to close PC Matic, then reopen it and at that time Windows 10 should be showing.

yeah, i do the Fix All every month.

maybe with the reinstall, something will change next month.

i just worry it's not running on the proper .dll and isn't fixing many things, as it thinks it's Win8 still.

You could go ahead and do a scan and fix all now, then close and reopen PC Matic and see if the reinstall made the upgrade if you don't want to wait.