Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce

Snow, Blizzard

We don't do blizzards, but we got 3" yesterday. No snow today but we started off at -9. They say to expect 8 inches tomorrow. Not supposed to get above freezing for a week. I believe this is all caused by "global warming".

Don't get snow where we live but...this time last week we were at -8c (17f) and today we are showing +14c (57f) could be the warmest day recorded for my area. Bonkers.

It must be chilly at your house, Sparkles. I believe my daughter said its low 30's or so in Clarksville.

AWD is a must, with or without it, just another winters day.

I would agree Ice being the biggest problem, Black Ice can be someones worse nightmare.

Hey Tom, thats cold for us around these parts.

duanester, thats right....black ice is very scary.

Enough with the white Christmas already! We've gotten 20" in 20 hours. Snow stopped about 4 am and we aren't supposed to get anymore for a week. I know that's not alot for you people who live in real snow country... but I'm tired of it already.

somewhere in the back of my mind. it was said we were to have a ice storm Sunday?

rather, much rather it was just snow.

Black ice this a.m. from freezing mist and cold temps, had to pick up some ice melt at the local hardware and spread on the porch and steps. :( Up to 38 now and supposed to keep getting warmer overnight, BUT!, by 3pm tomorrow afternoon it is supposed to drop to 18 F and northerly winds. BRRRR!! Not as bad as you Tomk_, but..........

:geezer:

We finally got some sun this afternoon and the snow is settling down and compressing. Kind of pretty... but slicker than snot.

post-74448-0-31696100-1481931861_thumb.jpg

I'll trade you all the snow for the bike.

It's to hard to get it out of the trees and brush so I propose you just collect the snow in the hay fields. That's roughly 285 acres at a foot deep. So you get 459,800 cubic yards of snow. I've got equipment here to "bunch" it up and load you... but you'll need to supply the hauling mechanism.