Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janille

CenturyLink, Supremo and Koobface

My ASUS laptop keeps losing internet access on an intermittent basis. Finally got tired of it and called internet provider, CenturyLink. They said everything was okay with the WiFi and transferred me to "ASUS help desk," which turned out to be Supremo. Had a very tough time understanding the rep, but via their remote access he was able to run a scan and informed me that I had an infection which caused the remote session to be disconnected. The message on my screen said "koobface trojan detected... infection95%.. network not secured.... unauthorized access found.. drivers stopped working, need to be updated.." I ended the call and remote with Supremo. Thought PCM had my back. NOW WHAT??

Janille, if you haven't already dealt with the koobface problem, you might want to try Windows Defender Offline, a free program from Microsoft that runs from bootable media that you create. See this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline. Or, you can try running a PC-Matic scan in safe mode with network support (tap F8 while booting the computer).