Sign in to follow this  
JamesNigh

security/antivirus software

generally, do you guys have a better opinion of Norton or Bitdefender?

i'm a longtime Norton guy, but my subscription is about to expire, and i've heard great things about Bitdefender lately.

BUT i tried contacting customer service and it was a complete nightmare.

so i'm leaning on sticking with Norton, but... just wanted to hear some opinions from people who might've used both.

Edited by JamesNigh

If customer service is a high priority, then you are probably not going to find a product with customer service better than Norton. There are companies that have service equally as good, but none that I know of that are better. That said, between the two products Bitdefender has the better detection and removal capabilities, although it is difficult to find testing data for Norton newer than around 2011.

To clarify, I have never personally used Bitdefender but I am familiar with it from the malware research aspect of the work that I do. I have tuned up and repaired computers using Norton and in my humble opinion, Norton has way too many processes running in the background that have the capability of using too many of the computer's resources.

However if Norton has the features and service that you need, it may be your best bet.

If customer service is a high priority, then you are probably not going to find a product with customer service better than Norton. There are companies that have service equally as good, but none that I know of that are better. That said, between the two products Bitdefender has the better detection and removal capabilities, although it is difficult to find testing data for Norton newer than around 2011.

To clarify, I have never personally used Bitdefender but I am familiar with it from the malware research aspect of the work that I do. I have tuned up and repaired computers using Norton and in my humble opinion, Norton has way too many processes running in the background that have the capability of using too many of the computer's resources.

However if Norton has the features and service that you need, it may be your best bet.

yeah, it's resource intensity is an issue, but unless something else is MARKEDLY better.....

i already know it so well...........

p.s. is this site EVER going to work in Chrome?!

Edited by JamesNigh

Norton is my security and has never let me down. I use it on 10 devices and you can almost always find sales on it. The support is grate because if you cant fix a problem they will access your computer (with permission) and do it for you!

P.S. I am on chrome, it works update yours if you have not.

I am using ESET antivirus since long. It provides better core stability and protection than bitdefender or kaspersky in my opinion. Plus, their customer service is decent and I never had any issues with them.