Sign in to follow this  
DHemmingway

PC Matic Super Shield keeps blocking my applications and it is getting

I am having an aggravating time I keep trying to open my applications like Zello which is a voice chat application and PC Matic Super Shield keeps blocking it. It also is blocking nearly all my games. I am getting tired of this. What do I do to stop this?

Edited by DHemmingway

:wp:

You can click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display and you can select SuperShield Protection, then set the Blocking Notification Method to Prompt for Override (Advanced).

The SuperShield icon should be in your system tray but it may be hidden by default. To unhide the SuperShield icon, click on the small triangle to the left of the Windows time (clock) in taskbar near lower right corner of the screen and then select Customize. Look for the green SuperShield icon and select the default display behavior as "Show icon and notifications" then click Apply. Once this is completed, SuperShield should always be displayed down the by clock.

For Windows 10, right click the Taskbar and choose Properties, then click on Customize. From the windows that opens, click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar', then change PC Matic Super Shield to On.

We recommend that you do not use the Industry Standard level of protection as that may allow your computer to still be infected by malware or viruses. Only SuperShield Protection will give your computer the best protection possible.

Open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your local white list by clicking on the red "Always Allow" button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the local black list by clicking on the green "Always Block" button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

Please note that Advanced Mode is only recommended for the brief period of time to whitelist an item. Please return Super Shield back to it's default "Super Shield Protection" level once the white listing has been completed.

Moving to our Paid Products forum.

Bulldog61, on 02 Dec 2015 - 6:27 PM, said:Bulldog61, on 02 Dec 2015 - 6:27 PM, said:Bulldog61, on 02 Dec 2015 - 6:27 PM, said:Bulldog61, on 02 Dec 2015 - 6:27 PM, said:

I've added an application to the whitelist but it is still blocked by super shield.

:wp:

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information and see what is going on.

You can open a ticket from here:

Thanks for the instructions.

I need to use a File Transfer Protocal program (FTP995) to send my pdf files to the company that prints my newspaper - and was about to panic because the program was being blocked by SuperShield.

The instructions worked.

HOWEVER - Pitstops customer service is LOUSY.

I HAVE CALLED THEM EIGHT TIMES OVER THE PAST FIVE DAYS, AND SENT THEM FIVE EMAILS AND RECEIVED NO RESPONSE.

I have left my phone number each time - and said it twice - and my email address, plus a description of the problems.

Why don't they ever respond to attempts to contact them?

... I HAVE CALLED THEM EIGHT TIMES OVER THE PAST FIVE DAYS, AND SENT THEM FIVE EMAILS AND RECEIVED NO RESPONSE.

I have left my phone number each time - and said it twice - and my email address, plus a description of the problems.

Why don't they ever respond to attempts to contact them? ...

PC Pitstop does not provide telephone support. Our help desk is our source of contact and product support. All tickets will be responded to in 24 hours or less. The average response time is much less, usually a few hours.

All of your tickets, including the phone calls, were answered via email with the response times noted below. If you did not receive the replies you may want to check your junk mail folders.

4/27 - email - 11 minutes

4/28 - phone - 15 minutes

4/30 - phone - 25 minutes

4/30 - email - 11 minutes

5/1 - phone - 38 minutes

5/3 - phone - 6 hours 47 minutes (call came in after midnight)

5/3 - email - 6 hours 27 minutes (ticket opened after midnight)

There is no record of any additional calls or emails from the email address or phone number for your account.

My apologies to PCMatic.

Turns out my email ISP's spam filter had quarantined those messages.

An individual PCMatic staff person sent an email from his personal address and got through.

He was VERY HELPFUL - and restored my faith in PCMatic.

I am a new user, so still learning the ropes.

Bought PCM with SuperShield because I was hit with a ransomware virus.

I had work arounds - but couldn't get rid of the virus.

Should have bought PCM months ago when I had intended - not AFTER a hack attack.

I have a computer guru who helped corral the ransomware, and will be here in a couple days to use the suggestions by PCM staff to completely eliminate it.

BASED ON SERVICE DIRECT FROM THE INDIVIDUAL STAFF PERSON, I AM AGAIN TOUTING PCM.

BTW If anyone wants to return the favor to the hacker, their instructions said to go to their website:

www.TORPROJECT.org.

and follow their instructions.

I did NOT go to that site. I'd rather blow up the computer than pay a ransom to those thieves.

Their hack CAN be defeated, and PCM is a big part of the solution.

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that you are getting the ransomeware sorted out.