Sign in to follow this  
ismaeel_BM

PC can't connect to internet after sudden shut down

So, the other day, I was using my PC and all of a sudden there was a power failure and my PC was shut down. After the power came back on, I turned on my PC and found out that there is no internet access. There is the yellow triangle error on the internet icon. The PC is directly connected to my router via ethernet and all the other devices connected to the router via wifi can access the internet, but my PC can't. I tried using USB tethering yet my PC can't connect to the internet. The Diagnostic tool tells me to turn off the router and turn it back on after 10 seconds to fix the problem. But it does not work. I tried reinstalling the network adaptor drivers but still no luck. My PC is windows 10 64 bit. Also, when i disconnect the ethernet and connected it again, the network icon shows to be connected for about 10-20 seconds without actually allowing me to connect to the internet... Any suggestions?

Edited by ismaeel_BM

:wp:

After a power outage, that's strange.

What setting did you adjust through Bitdefender if you don't mind me asking?

It may help others who encounter the same issue.

Thanks

:) Y

I had the same thing happen but the connection icon says connected. I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I did TS and no fix or problem found. I have a 3 month old router out of the box, HS cable Internet and hard wired to the PC from the router. I tried switching the Ethernet cable to see if it was bad (unlikely since icon is showing connected) but was worth a try. All other devices in the home work properly. Any suggestions?

My android phone does this, tells me authentication error when obtaining the IP addy from the home router. I fixed that by setting my own IP addy to access the router. Standard router range (say) 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.100 ... all DHCP items, around 20 to this router, all take an addy from 2 to 22*, I chose a number above all those and then some, to ensure the addy would not be issued dynamically to another device. 192.168.1.55 (say) ... it always connects now when I get home. Good Luck

My android phone does this, tells me authentication error when obtaining the IP addy from the home router. I fixed that by setting my own IP addy to access the router. Standard router range (say) 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.100 ... all DHCP items, around 20 to this router, all take an addy from 2 to 22*, I chose a number above all those and then some, to ensure the addy would not be issued dynamically to another device. 192.168.1.55 (say) ... it always connects now when I get home. Good Luck

Yep could be a DHCP issue. I do a simmilar thing to ByGeorge; but I restrict the dynamic IPs on the router to start at 192.168.1.50; so basicaly I have 1 -49 that I can set fixed IPs up for; Andriod phones; wifi printer etc.