Sign in to follow this  
luvpats

Using DISM or similiar to slipstream Windows 10 Updates within the ISO

I have a very slow DSL connection so I have to go to the Library to even download the Windows 10 ISO and the corresponding Windows 10 Updates.

Given that the released Windows 10 Updates are very large, is there a way to slipstream the Updates into the Windows 10 ISO while I am at the Library?

The Library has a fast connection and is allowing me to download the ISO and the Updates and then put the ISO on a DVD.

So is it possible to first slipstream the Updates within the ISO and then put the updated ISO on the DVD?

If anyone can assist me with instructions and commands I would be very appreciative. I will print out the instructions/commands and bring them with me to the Library if there is a simple method.

I will be downloading the ISO to the Library computer which I have already been given permission to do. Do I save this ISO to a particular Folder on the HD? I think I then have to extract the WIM file from the ISO and save that to another Folder? And then I utilize DISM to slipstream the Updates to the Folder that has the WIM file? Is that correct? Not sure. Nor am I sure what commands I utilize to accomplish the slipstream procedure.

Thank you again for any assistance you may be able to provide.

https://www.ntlite.com/

Have a look at the link above and see if it won't help you. Several years ago lots of us were using nLite to integrate updates and such into our install disks and do unattended installs. This is from the same person but includes Win 10...

:geezer:

Thank you for your advice! It appears to me that nLite is utilized after the ISO has already been burned to DVD.

I wanted to slipstream the updates before I burn the ISO.

Can I just extract the downloaded ISO into a Folder and then utilize nLite to slipstream the Updates and then create a DVD?

I think with DISM I can extract the ISO into a Folder first and then slipstream the Updates and then create a DVD. Not sure.

If anyone can be of assistance with instructions I would really appreciate it very much.

Thank you again!

Thank you for the article! I am going to try nLite. I don't know what I am doing at all. . .so it will be trial and error. I was actually hoping one of the brilliant tech savvy Forum Members had actually done a Slipstream and could post the instructions using the built-in DISM Utility.

I will give it my best shot however I have a feeling I am going to fail at it.

ok, but if you have no joy then i'd consider using that guide, all you do more or less is just download the win 10 iso, mount it using winreducer then do the updates where it will download them for you, apply the updates and create a new iso with them all saved to it, then it's up to you if you want to burn that new iso to dvd or use it to create a bootable usb stick.

here's another but older link from a different site showing the process using win 8 :- http://www.howtogeek.com/169522/customize-your-windows-8-installation-disc-and-slipstream-updates-with-winreducer/

here's a guide using whdownloader to download the updates first and then nlite to do the slipstream into the win 10 iso you downloaded. :- http://www.winbuzzer.com/2015/08/02/slipstreaming-windows-10-how-to-create-up-to-date-windows-10-iso-files-with-all-available-hotfixes-patches-and-security-updates-xcxwbb/

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

i take it that means you've successfully completed the process of slipstreaming the updates into the win 10 iso.

you use nlite guide or the other guide?

it is nice to be called awesome (can tell you don't really know me. :rofl3: ) though and your more than welcome.

i'm just glad to be able to help someone every now and then and after all that's what the forums are for.

very much appreciated, so thank you too. ;)

Edited by terry1966

it is nice to be called awesome (can tell you don't really know me. :rofl3: ) though and your more than welcome.

i'm just glad to be able to help someone every now and then and after all that's what the forums are for.

very much appreciated, so thank you too. ;)

Sho' got that right...!! Hoping it all worked out for you and we can tell for sure that you don't know terry...:lol:

:geezer: