Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Btuvi

Regarding ie not connecting but firefox doing so

Each time I try to connect using ie that the page is not accessible. It is trying to access google. However, if I then type pcpitstop (or anything) into the address bar it does connect. In fact, I am finally able to run overdrive.

I wonder why it doesn't want to access google right away but will access anything else.

By the way, thanks for all your recent help. Computer operating just fine now - except for question above.

If IE is connecting to other sites and NOT Google, then something is blocking Google from opening... Try going into IE/Tools/Internet Options/Security tab and highlight "Restricted Sites" then click the "Sites" button, does Google show up there? If so remove it.

:geezer:

I did as you suggested and found (it seemed) about a thousand sites that I can't imagine anyone in this household ever going to - with the possible exception of my nephew who visited for a week or so. But even he would have to have spent hours on the computer beyond what I think he spent. Should I get rid of them all? If so, is there a way to do it without going one by one? I haven't been able to highlight more than one at a time.

I found four or five google type sites - "googfl" for instance and removed anyting beginning with "goo" - five or six.

Tried ie again but it still tried to go to google and said this screen cannot be displayed.