Sign in to follow this  
dtaverner

Overdrive does not run

HI, I,ve been having ongoing problems with my PC for some time, which I think are due to Windows file corruption. I have tried several fixes, including sfc/scannow and chkdisk, as well as tweeking.com. I came here to see if anyone can help me. I thought I'd run the free scans offered here first, but nothing happens when I try to run them.( Adblock and antivirus turned off)

I have also tried to run a desktop re-install of W7, but I can't even get the DVD to launch. An iso copy of W7 is not recognised as an iso. Other applications, browsers office etc all run fine.

thanks in advance

I would suggest that you try running the free Windows repair tool following the instructions below. (You may want to print these instructions to make them easier to follow.)

1) Download Windows Repair (All in One) from this site:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5314-tweaking-windows-repair.html

If the problem computer cannot download the file, then download it on another (working) computer and copy/paste it to a flash drive and transfer and install it to the problem computer. Install the program then run it.

NOTE 1. In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 right click on the program, click "Run As Administrator".
NOTE 2. Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.

2) Go to Step 3 and allow it to run CheckDisk by clicking on Do It button.

3) Once that is done then go to Step 4 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on Do It button.

4) Go to Step 5 and under "System Restore" click on Create button.

5) Go to Start Repairs tab and click Start button. Leave all checkmarks as they are by default. Once completed, you will need to reboot.