Sign in to follow this  
boweasel

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L ATA Device - Driver Download

Compaq Presario SR5310F running 32 bit Vista Home Premium. Haven't used the CD drive on this in ages, but when I recently triedit didn't respond. The drive itself doesn't appear in the Computer properties. Device manager shows a yellow triangle on the device TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L ATA Device. I right-clicked the device and clicked on update driver. It has now been searching for 30 minutes. I searched for the driver which took me to one of your pages

http://www.pcpitstop.com/libraries/driver/detail.asp?driver=TSSTcorp~CD/DVDW~TS-H653L~ATA~Device.html

As you can see, there seems to be nothing downloadable on this page. Under the Vista 32 bit there are 3 drivers listed. Each of them have the word None under the heading Download (actually ALL of the OS's listed display None under Download).

How do I download this?

I really sort of figured that deleting the driver and letting windows reinstall it should work, but I thought that I'd first search for the proper driver, and when a Google search showed me that PC Pitstop had the driver I figured I'd give it a try - I'm always looking for reliable places to get drivers.

The uninstall DID work, but I wonder why a place as reputable as PC Pitstop would list a driver for which it provides no downloads.

CD/DVD drivers are included in every Windows installation, so there's no good reason to make them available for download. In addition, because Microsoft owns the files, they're apt to threaten legal action if PC Pitstop were to host them.