Sign in to follow this  
garystan

Windows 10

Hi everybody :

Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 Operating System on everyone. There are a few flaws with this new OS. One.......it can ONLY be installed via a download. Two.......if, by accident, you have a System-wide crash, there's ho way to re-install it into the computer. IT HAS TO BE INSTALLED VIA A DOWNLOAD. Thereby, making your computer nothing more than a paper-weight. And, you'd have to purchase another computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. Three......this move by Microsoft is going to damage sales at computer parts outlets/stores. Hobbyists who just built their dream machine won't be able to install Windows 10 (to get the computer functioning). You have to have a functioning computer in order to install Windows 10. Thereby making your computer nothing more than a paper-weight. Currently, I use Windows 7 Professional. I have an install disk I can use for the re-install. With Windows 10 you don't have that option. Wake up America !!!!!!!!!!!!!

garystan

Hi everybody :

Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 Operating System on everyone. There are a few flaws with this new OS. One.......it can ONLY be installed via a download. Two.......if, by accident, you have a System-wide crash, there's ho way to re-install it into the computer. IT HAS TO BE INSTALLED VIA A DOWNLOAD. Thereby, making your computer nothing more than a paper-weight. And, you'd have to purchase another computer with Windows 10 pre-installed. Three......this move by Microsoft is going to damage sales at computer parts outlets/stores. Hobbyists who just built their dream machine won't be able to install Windows 10 (to get the computer functioning). You have to have a functioning computer in order to install Windows 10. Thereby making your computer nothing more than a paper-weight. Currently, I use Windows 7 Professional. I have an install disk I can use for the re-install. With Windows 10 you don't have that option. Wake up America !!!!!!!!!!!!!

garystan

Wake up indeed!

If you choose to install any version of Windows on any computer, you have chosen to use a less than fully functioning computer, I consider anything with Windows a paper-weight. The fact that "re-installing" often is something anyone would be concerned about is a testament to the unreliability, and functionality of "Windows". ;)

That said I think either you haven't done much research, or you have chosen to ignore the obvious.

Grand Poobah :

Currently, I have a custom built computer, that I built myself. It's running Windows 7 Professional. My gripe with Microsoft is that ......they would ONLY offer Windows w 10 as a download ???????? That IS insane. When I got my computer running, I made sure that I had an install disk for the Operating System. Hopefully, including myself, I or anyone else wouldn't have to use that too often. But,,,,,just in case of a SERIOUS hack or Trojan.

garystan

I just pre ordered a W10 laptop for the wife. I'll grab a retail copy for mine later on at some point. I'm glad it will have trackpad gestures, I'll just have to wait and see how well they do on Mac pro laptops.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!11!1!111ONE1!!!1!1!11

I guess I'm dense - I have no idea what your message is saying

I am looking forward to trying this out but I don't want to be the 'first on my block' to do so. I'll wait a couple of months (or more) to see if any problems crop up with others

I installed Windows 10 on my old laptop running windows 7. It took time naturally but came up with no issues. Edge (new browser) appears to be much faster. I have an 8.1 laptop that I'm to see how well this old laptop works out. Initial view is very positive.

My concern is with PC Matic software will run safely against the windows 10 O/S. I ran a scan and it changed the O/S from Windows 7 to Windows 8 (not to 10). I'll check for an update, once I figure out how within the PC Matic program. :)

We will have that fixed shortly. The PC Matic program is working correctly with Windows 10, there is just a minor issue with the OS detection.

We will have that fixed shortly. The PC Matic program is working correctly with Windows 10, there is just a minor issue with the OS detection.

I expected PC Matic would be on top of it and be ready day 1, thanks for the confirmation. Been using the product for years (since XP days, which saved the old desktop), My friend purchased recently and very happy with it. You guys do a fantastic job. Keep up the good work.

thank-you,

Henry

Well just got it up and running in VM; and I must say for a MS product I'm pretty impressed. Much better than 8.1 that's for sure. Cortana is a bit of nonsense and I switched the browser back to Google - Apart from that it's ok.

Hi everybody :

garystan

Media creation tool > make iso to recover

gripe, gripe always gripe when it comes to Microsoft ...... I installed windows 10 on our laptop FOR FREE, try that from Apple(cart). The laptop no runs like a charm well it did it in win 8 and 8.1, too. I have hade microsoft since dos and I still have my disk for dos 3.1 and all the ms windows. yes i have tried all of the other OS, but always come back to Microsoft be cause I think they have produce the best OS and they still do. I have used MP-80, TOS(Atari), Android(tablets), iOS(tablet), redtop and about 5 different, IBM window(came out just be for wind95) and so many other so I think I know little about them OS. have worked with computer since 1983 build my first computer in 1992. I like to say stop griping and have fun or if you don't like the MS products go and use an other OS.

Thank you!

BTW Microsoft have neer send out a OS with a serious virus like Apple have done.

Edited by RealBigSwede

microsoft os is the "serious virus" :laughing:

welcome to the pit realbigswede, and glad to know your happy with the new windows 10 os even though i don't agree with your point of view of microsoft producing the best os. ;)

personally i haven't even seen windows 10 os which is unusual because i like to test them out even if i won't actually use them full time on my pc's, but this os version just took to many liberties with my hardware and privacy for me to even consider installing and testing it out even in a vm and so i will only ever get to see/use it when i fix someone else's pc.

:b33r:

BTW Microsoft have neer send out a OS with a serious virus like Apple have done.

That will explain the constant security patches to 'Fix System Vulenerabilities'. Read and digest the EULA for W10 and really understand what you are installing and the level of information MS wll collect.

Unlike Terry I have installed W10 in a VM pretty much sandboxed from the outside world (I've even turned guest additions off in the VM so no folder sharing across OSs'). On the surface it seems a big improvement over 8.1; but giving it away is just a ploy from MS - Get ready for subscription based OS - with an annual fee or you get restricted access; just like Office 365 is now.

No thanks; I moved to Linux (OpenSUSE) 3 years ago and I have never looked back or felt the need to try another OS.

BTW - Yes Apple messed up; but how many anti virus / malware forums are there on the web for Apple vs MS??; kind of shows you where the issues are.

That's OEM. I was referring to retail in stores. I don't want to order it online when I can just run 5 minutes down the road and pick it up. Since stores don't carry it yet, I assume there is a release date of sorts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832588528

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832588529

Or here if you have one close: http://www.microcenter.com/product/452015/Windows_10_Professional_64-bit

:geezer: