Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

How bad is your internet

Crappy Verizon was built from subsidies, The crappy company made serious promises and went back on their word and still kept hold of billions in subsidies, their liars and thieves, As far to what it concerns, they are done, they will not expand wired or optic services.

Fwiw, I'm not a Verizon customer anyhow. :P

Very nice, Wonder if they'll change the Fios name.

Verizon's main focus is wireless, they believe, their share holders rather wireless is the future.

Simply put, they cannot make fast cash during long projects, they figure utilize wireless cell towers and transmit the bandwidth instead.

This makes sense however wireless throttling and caps will limit the internet experience.

Wire and fiber the way to go.

I have it on good authority that VZ intends to do away with all wireline and be solely terrestrial based wireless predicated on the upcoming 5G standard.

Edited by Tx Redneck

Microwaves, Nothing good about them, We are surround by enough already.

A young one sitting in my Dad's shop watching the man tinker with Magnetron's

Often I miss the "good old days also", and that includes before dial-up. But there are some offsetting, cool things with todays technology. I just spent an hour skyping with my two month old grand daughter who is some 2000 miles away. Couldn't do that in the old days.

Speaking of which... here are the two best presents I got this year... even though they came before Christmas.

6 month grandson

post-74448-0-85692500-1482727683_thumb.jpg

2 month old granddaughter.

post-74448-0-10265400-1482727841_thumb.jpg

Often I miss the "good old days also", and that includes before dial-up. But there are some offsetting, cool things with todays technology. I just spent an hour skyping with my two month old grand daughter who is some 2000 miles away. Couldn't do that in the old days.

Speaking of which... here are the two best presents I got this year... even though they came before Christmas.

6 month grandson

attachicon.gif6 months.jpg

2 month old granddaughter.

attachicon.gif2_Months1.jpg

Be proud grandpa, be proud! Those are two good looking youngsters...!

Back to the topic on hand, here's my wireless (off my wireless router in basement)...

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5912708467

Paying for 10 Mb and getting it...might add that I thought it would be slower the day after Christmas, kids all at home surfing the net bored to tears...

edit: should have also said that server on my test is about 140 miles away from me...

:geezer:

Did testing and found that a family of Six can share 20mbits Down 12mbits Up without any problems.

The test included streaming Netflix, Google Play, Vudu, Real time Social Media, Downloading just about everything.

The Results, No complaints from anyone!

Results from a trained Eye Netflix, Buffer time, 2 seconds slower, 6 seconds grainy start.

Eventually everything worked very well, Netflix streamed in HD, YouTube etc without issues, Initial starts seem to run into slight bits of Inertia that lasted a few seconds, I think during this time QOS started it's work along with device prioritization.

It's amazing how much money people could save if they just did the math.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:46 PM, edw6698 said:

I know Xfinity usually gets a bad rap for crappy service, however in my area I get pretty good service.

7000678254.png

:clap::clap::clap:

That's good bandwidth edw6698!

14 hours ago, caintry_boy said:

What happened to your FIOS?

That is FiOS, I'm just not gonna pay through the nose beyond what I do/am. 85Mbit is enough for right now.

1 hour ago, Tx Redneck said:

That is FiOS, I'm just not gonna pay through the nose beyond what I do/am. 85Mbit is enough for right now.

Oh I see...! Sorry pal, I thought you were getting 100Mb speeds a few years back, but, I reckon what you've got now is prolly ample, I know I'd be glad to have it! Shoot I'm payin' $50/mo. for 10Mb down, robbery I tell ya'! :angry: